Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategies are Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies are Orange

I have a strategy (or strategies) that are highlighted ORANGE after they have been enabled in the “Strategies tab”.

This is defined as:

Orange highlighted "Strategy" name indicates the strategy is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting.

I am not sure how this can be. Note the following:

1) I am trading a multi-timeframe strategy
    2) My code is written such that stocks that I trade OPEN and CLOSE on the same day.
    3) I am trading in a SIM101 account.
    4) I reset the SIM101 everyday before I trade. This takes place before the market opens.
    5) “Clear history” is checked during SIM101 reset.
    6) Trading hours: US Equities RTH
    7) Start behavior: Wait until flat
    8) I am trading an instrument list of 100 stocks
    9) Anywhere from 1-5 stocks will be ORANGE
    10) I have yet to trade real money on this software. No real trade history exists.

Once the trading day begins, some strategies might switch to GREEN, but not all of them. The ones that remain ORANGE will become disabled and will not trade during that day.

I have read HELP GUIDES for:

- Strategies tab
    - IncludeTradeHistoryInBacktest
    - Working with Historical Trade Data
    - Syncing Account Positions

While these are a nice collection of info, it doesn’t tell me how to solve my problem.

How do I allow for all of the stocks I want to trade to be a GREEN currently running strategy in the strategies tab at open of trading during US Equities RTH?
    A) What settings do I need to enter in the strategy window?
    B) What code do I need in my strategy?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 12-05-2017, 11:28 PM.

Hello,
    Thanks for your post.

It sounds to me like you have everything set up properly. I suspect that positions may not be closing out the way we think they are.

Please right click on the chart, or the Strategies tab for any Orange strategy and then select Strategy Performance > Historical. Then check the executions and check if an entry was the last execution and thus that trade is still open.

Also, when do you enable the strategies? Is it possible that a trade is open for the day?

I look forward to your reply.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are 6 ORANGE strategies present before the trading day of December 7, 2017.

I right clicked on an all of the ORANGE strategies and then selected Strategy Performance > Historical. All 6 of these stocks traded on December 6, 2017. (I have the "Executions" xlsx export from NT8.).

Per the Strategy Performance > Historical > Orders ($) pulldown: All of these stocks had a second order created during December 6, 2017 after another trade was already live. The second trade goes the same direction as the first trade (Long/Short). This is odd because all of my strategies are set as: Order Handling > Entries per direction > 1.

Why is there a second trade when another is already live? Why didn't it close? (State: Working) My code states that all trades close at 3:57 PM Eastern Time. (These phantom trades are not included in "Executions" xlsx export.)

As stated earlier, I reset the SIM101 account everyday. “Clear history” is checked during the SIM101 reset. I reset the SIM101 account when the market is closed. There should be no history or open trades after “Clear history” is chosen, correct?

I enable the Strategies after I reset the SIM101 account. I enable the Strategies when the market is closed. (US Equities RTH)
      Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 12-07-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for checking on that.

Clear history is not the same as a historical trade a strategy may show when enabled.

That being said, I would like to take a look at the strategy(ies) in question. Please include a note along with each strategy of what behavior you would expect vs what is happening.

You can export your strategy by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your strategy > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save.
        The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. Please attach the file to an email to PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com

Please reference this forum post in your email.
        Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Update on the 6 ORANGE strategies before the trading day of December 7, 2017.

At the trading day open of December 7, 2017 (US Equities RTH), no bars were being created on NinjaTrader. The data light was green. After I restarted the computer, NinjaTrader began building bars as normal.

I have experienced this before when there are numerous ORANGE strategies before the open of the trading day.

Different strategies enabled to trade before the same trading day with the same list of stocks do not create ORANGE strategies. Are the previous historical trades of the strategy connected to the ORANGE strategies on the following day?
          Last edited by ArmKnuckle; 12-11-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Creamers, 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JonyGurt  
          Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse