Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Prior day OHLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior day OHLC

Prior day OHLC INDICATOR plots intraday close value. is there any option that we can get daily close value instead of intraday close value?

Hello hir04068,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator Prior Day OHLC does not provide an option to use a Daily bars close value, it will only use the intraday close.

This could be done through a custom scripting.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,
      My trading window is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and y need to see the high and low of the previos day in that particular price window.

I already set this values in a new trading hour template and works perfect, also the prior day OHLC indicator works perfect. The problem is that this settings hide the price from 4:00 pm to 9:30 am of the next day and all the historical data. Is there a way to show the price action hidden ? I need it to set my pre-market and backtesting routine. Thanks

I'm trading the futures E mini S&P 500 with NT8.

Comment

Hello nicolasgoodday,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, this can be accomplished on a single chart using a "hidden" data series and setting that data series to use the RTH trading hours. The indicator would reference the added/hidden dataseries and would plot the RTH values on the ETH based chart.

Here is a quick video I made to show the steps/process: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...c2NF83NTkxMjIw

Comment

Hello Paul
          Thanks for your answer. The video showing the steps is great......is a time saver.
          In the video you show the indicator Repeater V2.1 but I couldn't find this version in the forum, can you adress me to download the V2.1 ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello nicolasgoodday,

Thanks for your reply.

The NT8 indicator, "Repeater" can be downloaded from the NT8 indicator filesharing section, here is a direct link to the file: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=680

Comment

Hello Paul,
              You've been very helpfull
              thanks a lot.

Comment

Hello Paul,
                Repeater V2.1 added ˇˇˇ thanks a lot.

I`ve tried to search for a particular script (indicator) called "Change of immediate impulse" in the forum but couldn't find any thing similar. I was hoping that you can give my a hand on this one. I´ll explain in the following lines:

I trade the Emini S&P500 in a 610 tick chart.

The indicator draws an arrow line in the tick bars; up arrow for long impulse and down arrow for short impulse.
                The signal needs the following indicators:
                -Linear regression at 89 periods
                - Keltner Channel at 52 periods (for midband) and offset at 3,5 (for outer bands, outer bands not needed)
                - MACD BBS with zero line.

The upper arrow line appears in the first tick bar that meets the following criteria:
                - Tick bar > linear regression
                - Tick bar > keltner channel midband
                - MACD BB > 0

The lower arrow line appears in the first tick bar that meets the following criteria:
                - Tick bar < linear regression
                - Tick bar < keltner channel midband
                - MACD BB < 0

That´s it.

Right now i´m doing all by my self this mechanical process, is very annoying, specially when doing bar to bar backtesting.

Paul, is there any indicator that can be imputed whit this criteria so i can save tons of time ????

In the following link you can see one of my charts where I imput manually this indicator in order to perform some backtesting.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello nicolasgoodday,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not aware of an existing indicator that would provide your requirements. You can certainly create the custom coding in Ninjascript/C#.

If you are looking to have this created for you, we can provide links to 3rd party programmers you would be able to hire that have expertise in Ninjascript. If you do not have the time or the time to learn ninjascript, this may be your better option

If you would like to create this yourself and have the time to learn Ninjascript and patience for debugging code we can provide you with educational links to get you started with Ninjascript which is based on the C# programming language.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Paul,
                    The 3rd party programmer option was on my list, but first i had to ask in the forum.
                    I recently spoke to Pablo Maglio the owner of theindicatormarket.com about this indicator. He told me that the complexity of this indicator is basic. He will charge 150 USD to build it. Can you recomend any other 3rd party option to build this indicator ?

Comment

Hello again Paul,
                      I found a critical issue in bar spacing when using a "hidden" data series. I found that the trend lines that I draw intercept different price spots comparing single data series chart an a double data series chart (one of the data series hidden to plot OHLC in RTH). To explain better i´m sending 2 pictures of the same chart, one with a single data series, and the other with a double data series (one of the data series hidden to plot OHLC in RTH). Notice that the 3th price spot of the trend line is different comparing both charts.

I already check the box on "equidistant bar spacing" in all charts and data series
                      bar with is set to "1" in all charts and data series

In my trading workspace I use a single data series chart but in my backtesting workspace I use the double data series. To have different bar spacing is critical to my strategy, how can I solve this?.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello nicolasgoodday,

Thanks for your post.

Please note that your post does not relate to the original thread discussion and makes this an off topic post. If you want to discuss new issues, at any time, please create a new thread. I should have advised you of this earlier on your previous posts.

Please send an e-mail to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail Atten:Paul. In the e-mail please identify the following:
                        What version of Ninjatrader you are using (look in Help>about)
                        Identify the type of line draw (line, ray, etc.)
                        Resend the charts and identify where the lines anchor points are in each chart. (You can double left click on the chart to see the properties of the line which will show the anchor level/times under the "Data" arrow.
                        Please clarify in the e-mail if you are drawing one line on one chart and then making it global or if you are drawing two different lines, one on each chart.
                        Please identify the "snap mode" properties of each chart's drawing tools, found in the drawing tools>snap mode.
                        Please identify if you are also using a line/ray "template".

Sorry for all the questions but there is quite a bit to review to discover/recreate your observations. I look forward to your e-mail.

Comment

Hi Paul, I've set up a hidden data series to show the regular session previous day OHLC. The issue is that the previous day's lines don't show up until after the current day's regular session has begun. Preparation using previous day OHLC lines for the regular session is done during the premarket, so how can we get these lines from yesterday's regular session to show up across 24 hours of the current day?

Comment

Hello trader3000a,

Thanks for your post.

"how can we get these lines from yesterday's regular session to show up across 24 hours of the current day?"

There are two options:

1) Manually place a horizontal line (or use a Ray) from the drawing tools on each of the four lines to show across the overnight hours. You would need to delete the lines the next day. You can also create templates so that the lines can match the color, dashstyle, as an option, reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...bjectTemplates

2) Create a custom indicator that extends the lines from RTH through the overnight/premarket hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                              Hello hir04068,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator Prior Day OHLC does not provide an option to use a Daily bars close value, it will only use the intraday close.

This could be done through a custom scripting.
                              Hi Paul,

I was wondering if there was a way to get a code to print 50% of the previous day high and low -- i currently use PriorDayOHLC to print the absolute high and low from the previous trading day, including ETH. I want to add in the 50% line between them. I know there is probably a simple code to calculate 50% of the value that the indicator determines for high of day and low of day and then another code to plot that line along with the other 2.

Can you help?

Thanks!
                              J

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM