NT 7 T&S in it's Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 T&S in it's Own Thread

Anyone know if the Time & Sales and DOM will be in thier own threads in NT 7?

This is important because fast moving markets can bring NT to a crawl in NT 6.5.

Perhaps someone from Ninja can enlighten us on what exeactly in NT 7 with use multiple CPU threads.

Thanks....

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your note.

1.) Unfortunately, there is no word on the layout of the forum post-NT 7 release at this time.

2.) NinjaTrader 7 will come with many performance improvements including multi-core support resulting in faster application startup times and significantly reduced strategy optimization times.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Yes I saw the features list, what I am asking for is more detail on how the Multi-Core processing is implemented in NT 7 and if the DOM and T&S's are in their own threads (cpu cores).

I know RAy and/or your development team have this information, care to share it?

Thanks.....

Mark (BTW I am a lifetime License holder)

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello Mark,

Thank you for your note.

1.) Unfortunately, there is no word on the layout of the forum post-NT 7 release at this time.

2.) NinjaTrader 7 will come with many performance improvements including multi-core support resulting in faster application startup times and significantly reduced strategy optimization times.

Comment

Originally posted by mjuviler View Post
        Multi-Core processing is implemented in NT 7 and if the DOM and T&S's are in their own threads (cpu cores).
        Mark,

No, they are not on their own threads however, CPU load on both of these windows have dropped significantly.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray.

Good news about CPU load,

However, you would probably get most bang for the buck if you put them in seperate threads, as I am sure you know. I assume those "windows" are tightly integrated in with other code and to put them in their own threads was to big of a work effort, or was there some other reason I am missing?

Thanks and looking forward to the reaping the fruits of all of your recent efforts on NT 7.

Mark

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          Mark,

No, they are not on their own threads however, CPU load on both of these windows have dropped significantly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80