Scaling price in charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling price in charts

It is possible currently to show every price tick increment in every market. My current style of trading requires I see every price tick on the chart. For example I currently use a dated version of futuresourse and I have a vertical/horizontal grid on the chart by default that shows ever price tick on the chart in a compressed manner which I can slide up and down in the price and time area?

imported post

Hello,

Yes, you can create a tick chart in NinjaTrader which will display each tick as it comes in. NinjaTrader v6 will allow single clickorder entry from the chart as well.

Comment

imported post

No Byron, that's not what I mean. I want to be able to scale the price chart on a 5 minute candle to a very granular level so that I can see ever incremental price. For example, and I have tried to do this in Ninja with no luck so far, I want to see on ER2
      682, 682.10, 682.20, 682.30 and so on. This is what I mean by every price tick. If there is a better way to say please tell me. So far when I do this in Ninja I get this huge spaces between 682, 682.10, 682.20 and so on. Too much wasted space. As you know, or maybe not, this market moves fast so I need to fit as much readable data on my 19'' LCD. Currently with Futuresource I can fit 27 different price #'s in my chart. It starts at 677.30 and goes every tick up to 683. This is on a 5 minute candle chart not a tick chart.

Also I would like to know if Ninja now, or in the future, will allow the user to just "grab" the candles with the pointer and move then around in the chart without the usual up/down arrow?

Comment

imported post

The y price scale is automatically created, there is no way to fix it to display each tick level. In NT6 we will introduce Y scaling and a scroll bar but no method to freely move the candles anywhere you wish.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

yes, please add y scaling ability.

In addition, is there a way to scale X right now?

I want my horizontal bars to show every half hour and hour on my chart...right now it just changes the time at random as I scroll through the chart

Comment

imported post

X-axis intervals are dynamically generated at this time.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes