Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Accumulation Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accumulation Strategy

NT8 does not know how to ping TDA for the Accumulation of Equities held, so when NinjaTrader is turned off, Position(s) held are lost. Can I store Orders as they fill to a file that reads/writes? If there is a system for storage long term Trades. The goal is to use the Hedge to grow the initial In. If I have to store off program, what file-format/array/... would be the most efficient way?

Hello GTBrooks,

Thank you for your post.

You could write Orders, Executions, and Positions to an external file. However, NinjaTrader would not be able to read the files and have the information sent into NinjaTrader again.

To write to an external file you will need to use NinjaScript. We have a sample on reading and writing at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3477

You will need to access the account object in NinjaScript to add handlers for the OrdrerUpdate, ExecutionUpdate and PositionUpdate.
    For information the account in NinajScript please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ount_class.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes