Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

$ADD-Advance decline SP500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$ADD-Advance decline SP500

Hello friends,

Does anyone know how I can get the chart of the ADD (advance decline SP500) in ninjatrader? On platforms TOS or tradestation it is easy but I have not been able to find it in ninjatarder. Thanks

Originally posted by adrejurado View Post
    Hello friends,

Does anyone know how I can get the chart of the ADD (advance decline SP500) in ninjatrader? On platforms TOS or tradestation it is easy but I have not been able to find it in ninjatarder. Thanks
    Use $ISSU under TD Ameritrade.

It doesn't match ToS values or Kinetick, but it is better than them.

It won't chart since the values at in DailyHigh/DailyLow. You'll have to write an indicator to use Plots to plot them on chart.

Comment

Hello adrejurado,

Thank you for your note.

The symbol for the advance decline line would be ^ADD. If you type this into a chart and it does not display, connect to the Kinetick End of Day Data Feed and type ^ADD into the chart.

If you are unable to display the data, please let us know who your data provider is.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
      Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Alan,

I want to display the market internals: Advanced Decline for SP500 and NYSE. I am using CQG (via AMP). How can I get this on my screen ? I tried Kinetick EOD connection with ^ADD, it`s not bringing up any data.
        Sierrachart for example is providing all the internals data with no extra cost.

Thanks for your advice,

Alex

Comment

Kinetick EOD would only bring up date for daily time frames and larger. I would expect an ^ADD 1 day chart to work. If you want intraday data for these indices, you'll need to be connected to a data provider that supplies real-time (and ideally historical) data for those indices. Specifically,

^ADD is not available with CQG-based connections (which is what AMP is) but you can typically receive data for it's 'building blocks' of ^ADV and ^DECL. If you do not receive real-time data for these, please contact AMP to discuss what subscriptions you would need.

Comment

Does the TD Ameritrade DATA feed support the ^ADD if so how do I add it? It's blank when I try.

Comment

TD Ameritrade does not support ^ADD by default, however, it can be manually mapped for use with TD Ameritrade. Follow these steps:
              • Disconnect from all data feeds
              • Control Center > Tools > Instruments
              • Find and select "ADD" index > click on 'edit' in the bottom right
              • Scroll down to the mapping section and find 'TD Ameritrade' > Enter "$ADD" without the quotes > OK
              • Reconnect to data

Comment

What time increment should this be set to? It is still not working for me.

Comment

The time increment should be irrelevant as long as your TD Ameritrade connection is enabled for ^ADD data and you've mapped it correctly.

Have you confirmed with TD Ameritrade that you're enabled for this data? If not, please do so now.

Please send me a screenshot of the mapping you added to ^ADD:
                  • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
                  • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes