Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting everything I have on chart

Hello!

I can export historical data using Ninjatrader, minute data, or tick data, thats awesome.

But I am not using minute bars and tick data for ES are huge!

What I need is to export my chart information. For each bar I need to export what Data Box says, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, it have also information about indicators like VWAP. It can also read indicators like Delta.

How do I do that? Exprting Data Box informations for each bar of my chart? I know that those informations are somewhere when my Bata Box can read it, I just need to run some statistics on those bars and re-calculation everything from tick data is pain.

Hello Mlokz,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

There is no built-in means to accomplish your goals directly, however, you can create a custom ninjascript that would allow you to export the chart data, So if you are using for example 8 range bars then you could export the bar data as 8 range bars and any indicator values as well. We have a working example that exports the charts bar data and bar time stamp that you could use and build on to add indicator values. The example can be found here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3475
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to make it work, but I think I dont fully understand it. So I should run some sorn of software, then run indicator and with conjunction of that indicator and software I will read chart data with this software and export everything?

Comment

Hello Mlokz,

Thanks for your reply.

The reference sample is an indicator that you can add to your chart. When added to a chart it will create a file called "MyTestFile.txt" which would be found in Documents>NinjaTrader8. The file will contain a line for every bar in your data series. Each line will contain the time stamp of the bar and the open, high, low, and close values of the bar.

The sample is provided as an example of how to code an indicator that can output chart data to a file. To output additional information, you would need to modify the example.

Comment

Nice

Thanks!

I think I get it. I have text file and I found lines in code that represents what is in there:

sw = File.AppendText(path); // Open the path for writing
          sw.WriteLine(Time[0] + " " + Open[0] + " " + High[0] + " " + Low[0] + " " + Close[0]); // Append a new line to the file
          sw.Close(); // Close the file to allow future calls to access the file again.

Ok, but nbow I need to add some more data, for example I would like to know the delta in each bar. Can I somehow export indicator data as well? Maybe in a separate file? I Dont mind having multiple files as long as I get data I need.

Comment

Hello Mlokz,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, as previously advised, you can modify the example (or code a new one) to meet your needs. Certainly, you can include indicator data or any calculation you wish. You could modify the example and simply add on to the existing string.

These modifications (or create a new indicator) are what you would need to do, we do not provide coding or debugging services. If you would like something done for you, we can provide you with references to 3rd party code creators.

If you would like to make changes to the code yourself and are unfamiliar with Ninjascript, we can provide reference links to assist in your educational effort.

Comment

Thank you Paul, I appriciate your help. I will learn how to do it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM