Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accounts not visible

Hi,

my NT7 shows my two accounts with Dorman, however, my NT8 which is running simultaniously, does only show the SIM101...

I try to connect my strategy to it, but can't find the accounts...

Can you shine stem light on this please.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

You likely do not have your live license key entered in NinjaTrader 8.

You can copy your license key in NinjaTrader 7 > Help > License Key.

Paste this key in the same location in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Patrick,

no, the license key is in.

Rob

Comment

Hi Patrick,

i tried a few tracks, like resetting instruments etc and now all my accounts are visible and selectable.

One thing and very importantly; when trying to enable the strategy to this account in real-time it simply won't. It will enable with my SIM101,but not with my 'name!Mirus!W.....'

AT interface is ticked, Global Sim Mode is unticked.

I do have IQ datafeed, not using the marketdata that was enabled/set-up with that specific account. That should not make any difference right?! I probably should even cancel the data, since i already have a dataweed thru IQFeed. Saves money.

Please assist.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comment

Please clarify - are you connected to your IQFeed connection and also your brokerage connection? or only your IQFeed connection?

You'll need to be connected to your brokerage account for your live account to be available for trading. What accounts are currently visible in the accounts tab of the Control Center?

You can either connect first to IQFeed so your data comes from that connection, or you can configure your preferred historical and real-time data under Tools > Options > Market Data > Preferred connections. Here is the help guide section on this feature:

Comment

Hi Patrick,

i was only connected to my standard IQFeed conenction.
            Now i tried to also enable ( as a second connection ) my specific live trading account connection. Now i'm able to enable the strategy. It works.

But Brian said yetserday;

It may be of interest to you to know that if you are subscribed to Futures data through IQFeed you don't need to be subscribed to the same data through Continuum.

If you would like to cancel your Continuum Market Data Subscription, fill out the form below but do not select any exchanges.

But if i do as sugegsted, i won't be able to use my live account.

Strange this set-up. I have to use the live trading data and i'm even unable to use the IQFeed as a back-up in case the live trading data fails for some reason..

Rob

Comment

You can still connect to your live brokerage account without having live data enabled on that account. In your specific case, you will be using you IQFeed connection for data and your brokerage account connection for order routing. This should work without issue.

Comment

Ok..

let me see if i understand what you mean.

I wasn't able to enable my strategy when only using a IQfeed connection. I had to start my brokerage datafeed connection.

I feel tere is a difference between order routing and datafeed conenction, please elaborate.

Comment

Yes, they are fundamentally different.

'Order routing' is what allows you to place trades to your live account
                  'Data' displays market information historically and/or in real-time for you to analyze.

IQFeed is a supplementary data provider only and is not associated with your brokerage account in any way. Supplementary data feeds cannot provide order routing to your live account.

Your Brokerage account connection can provide data and also provides an order routing connection to your account. The data does not necessarily need to come from your brokerage account connection, but the order routing will always only be available from your brokerage account connection.

Comment

Ok,

so

1. how do i establish just the order routing & my original IQFeed data connection?
                    2. will the brokerage account datafeed be quicker (read less slippage?)

Rob

Comment

1. There is no special configuration needed within the platform. Connect to IQFeed and your brokerage account connection. If you want to disable the real-time data subscriptions on your brokerage account, please reach out to your broker.
                      2. This cannot be answered objectively as many variables are involved which would be unique per client (physical distance from servers, quality of internet connection, etc.). Some clients use the feed provided by their brokers while other clients prefer a supplementary data provider for various subjective or objective reasons.

Comment

Patrick,

ahh, so i keep the account connection from my broker but i also do connect to this in addition to my IQFeed, but i can cancel the real-time data.

Is that correct?

Rob

Comment

Yes, connect to both IQFeed and your brokerage account.

By default, NinjaTrader will try to pull data from the first connected connection. You can configure your preferred historical and real-time data under Tools > Options > Market Data > Preferred connections so that data always comes from your preferred connection regardless of the order in which you connect. Here is the help guide section on this feature:

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

Appreciate your help.

Rob

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jclose