Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader very very slow to load chart

Hello,

I have a problem with this plateform. Since I uprated to version 36, the time to load the charts is between 10 and 15 minutes, before the update I was before long, but now it's too much.
    Thanks
    Version NT : 64 bits 7.0.1000.36

Hello Pierre04,

Am I correct it takes this long when you startup NinjaTrader? If so, could it be you have workspaces opened in the background that need to load data as well?

Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check the workspaces below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Workspaces without the checkmark are opened in the background and will load data as well.

If you have workspaces opened in the background, please select such a workspace. It will now have the checkmark as it will appear on your monitor(s). Subsequently go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat these steps until only 1 workspace is opened. Restart NinjaTrader and check if it still take this long to load the charts.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the locations below.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->trace

Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Ninja Trader very very slow to load chart' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I am going to test your solution today and tomorow and I 'm coming soon for the résults
      Have a nice day

Comment

Hello,

I don't if you are alway here, but, after test during two days, no, the load of the charts are very very slow with only one workspace, 15 mn and the charts are not loaded !!!
        Thanks
        Last edited by Pierre04; 12-07-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace to create a new empty workspace. Subsequently select your workspace with your charts and close it. It will now switch automatically to the new empty workspace. If you now create a new chart for the same instrument and same amount of data, but without a chart template, does it take long to load?

If not, please open the Indicator menu in the chart and add the indicators you normally have applied one by one. Could it be one of the indicators causes a long loading time?

When you say that it is slow to load, do you refer to the loading time on startup or perhaps when you switch to another instrument in your charts?
          Attached Files
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason

It's slow when I start the plateform or when I switch to another workspace.
            I know the indicators who take a lot of time to laod, but it advances me whot to know ?
            Thanks

Comment

Hello Pierre04,

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post by putting ATTN: Arcelia in the subject line.

Also ensure that log and trace files are checked so I may investigate this matter further.

I will look out for your email.
              ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@NinjaTrader_Arcelia
                Where I can find your ninjatrader dot com what's the adress, ? The Mail ? How can I reach them ?
                This morning I launched ninjatrader at 11:35 and at 11:50, I can't access to connection menu, It's still charging the workspace, it's unbearable
                Thanks

Comment

rectification, 30 minutes later and still not available

Comment

45 minutes for access to connection menu, now I have to wait for charging the data ...

Comment

Please write into our support team at platfromsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] [com].

You may also reach us via the Help page on our website and then clicking 'Contact Support'.

ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pierre, did you finally get a solution? For the first time, I also have the similar problem. Charts come up, but aren't loading even though platform doesn't say it's still loading.

I can't go and close the workspace because NT isn't responding. What's going on with NT???

Later: I went into NT program and deleted the UniRenko workspace since that was the workspace that wouldn't load. When I reopened NT platform, that workspace showed up without the charts. Fortunately, the platform let me go to another workspace which had loaded bars. Then I took the chance to reopen the UniRenko workspace that didn't have any charts and did a close with a No Save. Worked.

Now only problem is NT platform is using so much CPU usage that chart bars jerky due to CPU going up to 100%. Nothing else open. hmmm...
                        Last edited by SharonSS; 02-06-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                        9 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ender_wiggum  
                        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Mizzouman1