Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to plot ETH data with RTH indicators

Hello Kyle,
    My requirement is similar as Pedro's. My trading window is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and y need to see the high and low of the previos day in that particular price window.

I already set this values in a new trading hour template and works perfect, also the prior day OHLC indicator works perfect. The problem is that this settings hide the price from 4:00 pm to 9:30 am of the next day and all the historical data. Is there a way to show the price action hidden ? I need it to set my pre-market and backtesting routine. Thanks

I'm trading the futures E mini S&P 500 with NT8.

Originally posted by nicolasgoodday View Post
    Hello Kyle,
    My requirement is similar as Pedro's. My trading window is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and y need to see the high and low of the previos day in that particular price window.

I already set this values in a new trading hour template and works perfect, also the prior day OHLC indicator works perfect. The problem is that this settings hide the price from 4:00 pm to 9:30 am of the next day and all the historical data. Is there a way to show the price action hidden ? I need it to set my pre-market and backtesting routine. Thanks

I'm trading the futures E mini S&P 500 with NT8.
    I do have a solution available that does not hide the price action. Basically it is an indicator that loads a secondary bar series of minute data and then determines high, low and close based on selected trading hours. A plot for the cash session open can be added if needed. Trading hours maybe preset for different instruments, so that you only need to set them once and not change them again when toggling between different instruments.You will also be able to display high, low and close for the prior week, the prior month, the prior quarter or the prior year, all based on the selected cash session. Due to its complexity this indicator is not available open source but offered as a commercial product. Please contact me via PM for a free trial.
    Attached Files

Comment

nicolasgoodday, I've moved your post to its own thread within the NinjaTrader 8 forums.

In addition to Harry's custom solution, this can also be accomplished by adding multiple data series to your charts. You can then choose to have your indicators plotting on whichever data series you wish with the appropriate session template while also being able to see the price action for all times. Here is a video which discusses this capability:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post love2code2trade  
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani