Chart stuck at "Loading Data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJU,

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and send your trace and log files so that I can look into the issue to see if you are incountering same issue. As I do not have any reports from your ISP currently only from netvision.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment
    My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101220 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20101220 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Thank You.

Comment

Work-around

I have a work-around for this - it's not great but it allows me to keep trading.

I would also like to hear if anyone else on the forum can reproduce the "Loading data..." hanging issue before they even connect to a data supplier?

My work-around allows me to check charts and start up strategies and works everytime when NT7 is throwing this error.

NB: I have no idea if all the people with Zenfire have the same issue as me. NT Support were unable to reproduce my issue.

The bug appears in two distinct situations - when I start NT7, and otherwise just at random, sometimes not for days, sometimes after 2 hours only - so I am never free of it.

When the bug is going to appear, it seems that loading the same instrument twice is what will trigger it. I mean loading data in the chart window or in the control center strategies tab, but not the market analyzer.

Anyone wanting to try my work-around, do the following steps - but bear in mind I am a strategy trader, not a chart trader so it might not help you others:

(1) Open NinjaTrader.

(2) One chart window appears, with one instrument loaded. That counts as the only time you are going to be able to load that instrument.

(3) Connect to data providers / brokers

(4) If you have a strategy running on the instrument loaded in the chart, start the strategy now.

(5) If you have strategies running on any other instruments, starting the strategy counts as loading the instrument. If you then try to look at the instrument in a chart, it will trigger the bug.

(6) If you want any other instruments in charts, load it up but be aware you can't go back to the previous ones - that will trigger the bug. So if you need a previous one still, then you have to open a new window for the next instrument to leave the previous one visible still, although I haven't tried it myself.

I have a Market Analyzer window open with indicators on all my default instruments. I don't know what effect this has on the triggering of the bug. I haven't seen anything consistent in it yet.

Hope that helps anyone and please let me know if you can trigger the bug before you even connect to Zenfire.

Thanks

PS if I leave NT7 running without loading any more instruments via charts or strategies, I find that the bug disappears temporarily. I don't know how long to leave it, I try to leave it as long as possible but then sometimes I really need to see the chart so I try it and it works again. I don't think I've dared to try it before 2 hours has past.
      Last edited by adamus; 12-20-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I have contacted most of you involved in this thread via email for this information. For those of you that I have not contact please send a note into support at ninjatrader dot com or post here with this information.

What information development is interested in is if and when NinjaTrader 7 is doing its loading data or cannot connect.If you switch directly over to NinjaTrader 6.5 are you able to connect and load data? Then if you switch back to NinjaTrader 7 plase verify you are unable to load data. We need a direct apples to apples comparison to make sure develpment is looking in the correct area.

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

I have contacted most of you involved in this thread via email for this information. For those of you that I have not contact please send a note into support at ninjatrader dot com or post here with this information.
          Hi Brett,

no disrespect intended but your lines of communication on bugs like this tend to be all one way and often don't even extend to a notification when the bug is fixed.

I'm asking other forum members to share their experience because the information will be of direct help to me personally - this bug is so serious to me that I am constantly evaluating whether to keep NT7 as my main trading platform.

I was very relieved to read that other NT7 users are suffering what appears to be the same bug as me, since that probably increases the chances that you will fix the problem, which means I won't have the hassle and expense of changing platforms.

I hope you won't discourage forum members from responding.

Comment

Hello,

These issues must be handled over email as I must get log and trace files that contain personall information that we do not want posted on the forum.

Also, we are looking into each case seperately. Now that we have more confirmed cases to bring to development this is a good thing. I'm working on your side here to gather as much information I can for development to look into

Question for you when your loading data... start have you ever tried switching back to 6.5 really quick to see if it works with your zenfire connection? Then reconnect to 7 and then find that it does not work? Also, what ISP are you connected too Adamus if you have not been asked before.

Thank You.

Comment

I'll wait until the bug comes back and I'll try out NT6 when I restart. I'm using Interactive Brokers as broker and IQFeed as data provider, using British Telecom. As I said above though, the bug occurs sometimes before I even connect.

Comment

I too am having chart loading problems. My problem is not hanging of Load Data... but rather incorrectly loaded chart data.

I am using;
                - NT7
                - Windows 7
                - ZenFire connection

This problem has been occurring on and off since I upgraded from NT6.5 to NT7 two weeks ago. Sometimes the data loads as expected on the chart, other times it won't. Invalid loads include but not limited to;

- One tick of data and nothing else (despite a request for 50 days of history)
                - Excludes days of recent data but then is up to date with current
                - Simply ignores the most recent x days of data, but plots the rest of the historical request (this case is attached). Note that in the attached image, I requested data for the last 50 days up to today (12/28), but it stopped loading data on 12/9. Note how the 12/9 date erroneously appears twice.

Thanks for your attention and efforts to resolve this bug.
                -Edmund
                Attached Files

Comment

i had these type of errors for a couple of months
                  before opening nt go to ninjatrader7 folder and delete folder db
                  it may delete a few settings but doesnt destroy templates
                  open nt and it will create a new db and also watch the lower right of control panel that the loading data info looks ok
                  anyway everything reloads and the charts should be ok
                  i still have to go through this process once in a while but its no big deal

Comment

ePlum,

Since your issue is not of loading data..., please send this note to support at ninjatrader dot com so that I can look into your issue independantly and not change the topic of the tread.

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and copy and paste your forum post into this email so that I can respond there. Please put attn: Brett in the subject line.

Thank You.

Comment

Poeds - Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try. It's not ideal for me to delete the DB as I save lots of data for replay as well as save my trading history for review. Ultimately, this is a very annoying bug that needs to get fixed by NT.

Brett - I will forward the issue to you outside the forum.

Comment

Bug not in NT6 as far as my testing goes. Only NT7

Question for you when your loading data... start have you ever tried switching back to 6.5 really quick to see if it works with your zenfire connection? Then reconnect to 7 and then find that it does not work? Also, what ISP are you connected too Adamus if you have not been asked before.
                        Hi Brett,

I am just restarting after the New Year holiday and I immediately bumped into the bug.

I closed NT7 and fired up NT6.

I connected to the IB and IQFeed services, I had a market analyzer window open as I do in NT7, I loaded up the chart window with the same config as NT7 e.g. days of data loaded, chart trader running etc.

However despite being as similar as possible, changing instruments as I do in NT7 didn't cause any problem loading up the data.

Now I have turned off NT6 and restarted NT7, I see the bug is still there.

Please note, this is not a Zenfire connection. It is IB for live streaming and IQFeed for historical data.

Also my ISP is British Telecom in the UK.

Comment

Adamus,

I thought I saw that you had a zenfire connection in one of your traces some time ago, is this not the case? Are you connecting to one anymore or only IB and IQFeed at this time?

As we have narrowed down one case to an issue with connecting to the historical data servers on the zenfire connection was the issue. After disabling historical data servers on the zenfire connection this resolved the issue.

Comment

Hi Brett,

no I'm sorry you must be mistaken. I have never even tried Zenfire. I only ever used IB and IQFeed, plus at one stage I tried out MBT.

I use IB for live feed only, and IQFeed for historical data. Perhaps IQFeed suffers the same issues as Zenfire for historical data retrieval? Unfortunately the IB historical data servers are so slow and restricted it just isn't a realistic permanent option, although I shall try just IB on its own next time the bug occurs, and I'll let you know.

Comment

Hello,

Ok may havve gotten it mixed up then. Apologize about that. Another item you might try Adamus is instead of using the IQFeed adapter. Is to switch over to the Kinetick adapter. Have you considered doing this?

www.kinetick.com

Comment

Problem not with IQFeed

Hello,

Ok may havve gotten it mixed up then. Apologize about that. Another item you might try Adamus is instead of using the IQFeed adapter. Is to switch over to the Kinetick adapter. Have you considered doing this?

www.kinetick.com
                                Hi Brett,

just had the problem again and this time in an attempt to work-around the bug, I changed my IB connection to allow historical data and I connected only to that - i.e. no IQFeed.

So even like that though with just IB as the data provider, the problem came back again.

HTH

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes