Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart lines...

Hi...

I have 4 charts (weekly, daily, 240m & 60m) and they have show global objects selected...

I have horizontal lines to add to all charts...

I want to do the following:

1. Add horizontal lines to weekly chart which show up on the other charts...
    2. Add lines on the daily chart which only show up on the 240m and 60m charts as well.
    3. Add lines to the 240m chart which only show up on the 60m chart as well.
    4. When I add horizontal lines to 60m I want then to only show up on the 60m chart...

Is this possible on NT8?

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

Drawing objects in NinjaTrader 8 can can be configured to apply to a single time interval or to all charts for a specific instrument however, they cannot be assigned to specific time intervals.

Though this feature your first goal can be achieved.

To enable horizontal lines for your weekly chart which show up on all other charts:
    • Click on your drawing object on your weekly chart so it is highlighted.
    • Right click on the object once it is highlighted and select 'Properties'.
    • Under properties, adjust the selection for 'Attach to' to 'Instrument name (All Charts).
    • Select 'OK' to apply the changes.

As the other 3 specify specific drawing objects for charts of various intervals, the easiest way to do so will be to create templates for your drawing objects and then apply them to each chart as necessary.
    • To do so, click on your drawing object on your chart so it is highlighted.
    • Under properties, select Template > Save.
    • Enter a name for your drawing object template and select 'Save.
    • Click 'OK' to apply the changes

To apply your template to the other charts, please complete the following steps

• Navigate to each other chart you wish to apply the drawing object and create a similar object
    • Click on your drawing object on your chart so it is highlighted.
    • Select Template > Load > Template Name > Load
    • Select 'OK' to apply the changes and update the object
    • Repeat these steps for each object you wish to replicate

Be sure to save your Workspace after making these changes by selecting the Control Center > Workspaces > Workspace name > Save

For more information on charts and drawing objects, please review our help guide at the link below.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/charts.htm

Please let us know if we may assist you further.
    Cody D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you

thank you for getting back to me...

Shame there wasnt an option to add drawing objects to charts by name? Instead of only applying to the current chart or all charts.. Is this a feature that might be in later versions?

cheers

clepal

Comment

Hello Clepal,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello Clepal,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-415. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

If we may assist you further please let us know.

Comment

thank you

Hi Cody,

Thank you for looking into this for me... NT8 is a great product by the way....

cheers

Clepal

Comment

Please add my vote

Comment

Hello,

We are happy you like the platform.

If we can assist or answer any further questions, please let us know.

I have added a vote to feature request SFT-415 for you as well, brucerobinson.

Thank you for writing in.

Comment

Add my vote also

Comment

Hello Bartly,

Thanks for your post.

I'll have your vote added to SFT-415.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Two years later. Add my vote too please.

p.s. cannot believe such easy & practical things (for us as users) are not yet available in NT and are not honored by the development team. A feature request is submitted to the Development Team and you never hear or see anything again. Even a simple Copy (from the weekly chart) & Paste (to the daily & 60m charts) of 2 or more horizontal lines - basic Windows functionality - is not possible. You have to do it line by line as you can not use Shift or Ctrl to select more lines. Or Ctrl-A (select all) > Ctrl-C (copy) > Select chart > Ctrl-V (Paste). Basic Windows. Not possible. Am I right or not? Sorry.

Comment

#Mich62, if you select and right-click, you get pop-up menu with Copy option with Windows shortcut. You also get Remove (which is Windows Del, not Cut Ctrl-X), and no Paste in the Menu! I've just Copied it, now what do you think I might want to do next from this menu?
                        However Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and Del do work, btw So you can Copy and Paste and Delete with Keystrokes, but only Copy and Delete from the right click pop-up menu. Go figure......
                        And only within the same Window.....

Comment

#brucerobinson. I am not sure you are with me or not on this. I know, I can do a lot, but not what I've asked for! Maybe that's why incorporating simple Windows functions makes it so difficult to implement. It all starts with reading and understanding (what a customer asks for and how the system is actually used by customers when they are not trying to make things done ). Not easy. Let me explain one more time. The point is I can select only one line at the time! So I need to copy & paste 10 times. I want the possibility to select all lines (or drawing objects) with Ctrl or Shift like in File Explorer. Basic Windows.

Right click on your chart and you see the Paste option. "And only within the same Window.....". That's not true. Select line > Ctrl-C > Select another chart > Ctrl-V works. But only one line at the time. That's like Copy&Paste 100x to copy 100 files to another folder. I guess I can spend the whole day explaining without any progress. How difficult can it be?

Last edited by Mich62; 06-17-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-415. It is difficult to understand why requests like this for simple features that would be valuable to users and that are widely supported by other trading platforms are ignored year-after-year for years.

Comment

#Mich62 - I seem to have caused some confusion between us, which was not my intention..
                              The #OP describes a Use Case that is very commonplace which I have also, hence asked for my vote to be added.
                              What you asked for is a little different, but I understand it.
                              My comments were intended to be helpful in pointing out that many of the standard Windows functions you were referring to are not available in Ninja8 (yet were in 7), or if they are, not where you would expect them, not following Windows conventions etc and the worse for it.

To illustrate that re: Paste - select a drawing object, right click to bring up its menu and there's Copy but no Paste. Yes, I can select it, then left click on a chart and then paste using the Chart Menu Paste (rather than from the Drawing Object menu Paste - which is absent), or can Ctrl-V but it is more convoluted and unintuitive than it needs to be (IMHO). Why would Paste not be in the Drawing Object's pop-up menu along with Copy as per Windows convention. Why would I have to do an extra left click, then right click on my chart to go find paste? when I would expect it to be there with Copy, Left click to select the object, right click to select Copy from the popup, right click again to paste. Simples. Just like every other program that follows Windows convention , as 7 did.. But no. Paste isn't there,... so I have to left click the chart to unselect the object so I can right click bring up the chart menu to access Paste...

Maybe there is good reason for it, but it is cumbersome and was not so in 7.

I see you are correct about pasting in a different Window so I've learned something. Like the Use Case described by the #OP, I use 'All Charts' for the purposes described by the #OP, which cannot - as far as I can tell.

I think we're all agreed it isn't very good, whatever our similar or different needs are. Which I why I commented, hoping for it to get a bump.

Kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                              0 responses