Chart stuck at "Loading Data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Thanks for that then, I take it this was tested after a restart of Ninja?

Also, do you have another PC adamus?

Comment

Hi Brett,

yes, I always restart because there's a risk this bug might destablise the strategies I'm running.

And yes, I do have another PC, with WinXP not Win7, and I run the same version of NT7 there too but I use it for strategy analysis and I rarely load real-time charts, so I don't see the bug there.

Comment

Hello,

Please let me know if you see this occur on your other PC as this would help narrow it down.

Comment

Error on loading chart data

I keep getting this error loading tick charts with a PFG data connection. This problem appeared in January.

I just tried this again with NT7 RC2 and keep getting the error.

Please advise.
          Thank you.
          Last edited by rbcom; 01-10-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Hello,

If it is the ErrClienSideConnect issue, we are aware of the error and working with MBTrading to resolve. We believe there may have been something that changed on there servers. There is no resolution to this yet in release 2.

The only workaround currently until a resolution is made from MBTrading is to pull less then 2 days tick data currently.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
              I also see occasional hangs while "Loading Data" (with 7.0.1000.1 and with the earlier Betas that I tried too.)

I'm also using Zenfire and it has happened with loading instruments ES, YM, TF and 6E (but not simultaneously) so I'd guess it's not instrument related.

Also, if I click "Abort" in the Control Center, sometimes it will not complete either.

How about adding a timeout and aborting the Abort if it doesn't complete in a reasonable amount of time (say a minute or two)?

Also, could a timeout be done for the "Loading Data", so if there's no activity for a while, then quit or retry or something?
              The "Loading Data" error happened again for me yesterday, and I'm on ZenFire, not MBTrading or PFG (the point being that these problems exist regardless of what broker or datafeed we're connected to, and regardless of which part of NinjaTrader is currently trying to fetch data from the server.)

Please, will someone at NinjaTrader consider the idea of adding some timeout code to detect and recover from these problems?

The error that occurred for me was a "ConnectionLost" on my datafeed when I was in the middle of doing a Historical Download. It hung with "Loading Data".

Once it lost the connection, there was no way to get it started again. The "Abort" key didn't respond in a reasonable amount of time (30-40 minutes or so), so I was forced to restart NinjaTrader.

In one of my prior jobs, I did quite a bit of network programming, and it's unreasonable to think that one will always have a good connection - thus we use timeouts and retries (even on abort commands there should be timeouts and retries.)

'nuff said.

Over to you.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the input, I have forwarded to development for their consideration.

Comment

Me too I'm stuck in loading data

Is there a fix yet?
                  Can i revert back to earlier vearsion?
                  I'm using 7.01000.2 (live)
                  I'm with MBTrading

Comment

Hello,

Currently the issue looks to be a possible on MBT side. I have no further news on it yet other then it is being looked into by both our development teams. However no news yet.

Also, you may try going back to an older version however most likely the tick chart load from MBT will remain the same.

Another option you might consider is getting your historical data from another data feed provider such as Kinetick in the mean time if you currently need it for trading. As there is no news on a fix for this yet.

www.kinetick.com

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

This problem start it after I install the new version and the loading data problem exist before the broker log in is not loading any data from anybody. Now I need an earlier version link to download so I can go back to trading thank you..................

Comment

Hello,

Olderv ersion can be downloaded on the download page. Please let me know if this resolves the issues.

Download link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Comment

Solved

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                          Hello,

Olderv ersion can be downloaded on the download page. Please let me know if this resolves the issues.

Download link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

I re-lauch the same vertion (7.01000.2) and this time it ask if I wanted to import the arcihve back up I click OK and after 40 min all is working fine,

Comment

Not Solved

inventor1949 - Please, please, please -- it may have worked for you (this time), but it most definitely is not "solved" in the larger sense of the word.

Please don't give the NinjaTrader developers the idea that they can just dismiss this thread.

Bugs and design flaws don't just spontaneously go away

The code still needs to have timeout logic added so it will be robust in the case where a sporadic network connectivity issue corresponds with a request to download data, and then it needs to be tested and be shown to reliably recover when an intermittent connectivity event occurs.

KBJ

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                              Brett -

Please do not try to sweep this issue under the carpet.

This problem has been there throughout the V7 field test, so going back to a prior version will not make it magically disappear.

As covered in my earlier postings, it's a design flaw and cannot work reliably in all cases.

It needs to be looked at and fixed and then thoroughly tested.

If you have no one at NinjaTrader who can get the job done, send me a PM - I still do network programming and consulting from time to time.

KBJ

Comment

KBJ sorry to hear you still have problems, buy mine was as simple as waiting for the back up data to load to the new installation of NT7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                                21 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post grayfrog  
                                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                                30 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post grayfrog  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                                95 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post xiinteractive  
                                Working...
                                X