Value Areas - dValueArea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok Dean,

Help me configure this for 30 bars (30 Minutes)

int bars = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, ChartControl.BarsPainted);
    rightScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, CurrentBar);
    leftScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.FirstBarPainted, CurrentBar);

Hattori

Comment

Hattori, Looks like your close to me. Looks like you do have the Histo plots broken into 30 bar groups. You'll have to figure it out, but here's a couple of thoughts...

You still have a "day" component to the code. You may not want that (it complicates it) for what your doing. The program is only ploting the first 1/2 hr. in green (the session it conciders) and rest in red. You may want to play with how "SesNum" is getting incremented to get it all in green (and eliminate any pre-session idea).

The POC, etc. plots were only ment to plot day session levels (see above). You seem to have a mix of day / 1/2 hr. or something going on. After the green histo, it looks correct (rest have some issues). In case of POC that plot comes from "PriceOfPOC" variable which is a copy of "sessPriceOfPOC" when the day changes (in NewSessStart function). Chase it from there to get control of it.

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by DeanV; 07-14-2010, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks Dean for your invaluable support,
        Though I plotted histo correctly it has some post and presession issue. Now calculation part require some changes which starts from here-

int bars = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, ChartControl.BarsPainted);
        rightScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.LastBarPainted, CurrentBar);
        leftScrnBnum = Math.Min(ChartControl.FirstBarPainted, CurrentBar);

This consider day bars, can't figure out how to manipulate for 30 minutes bar.
        May be someone in forum help.
        Last edited by SLASH; 07-19-2010, 07:38 AM. Reason: wrong name: apologies

Comment

Originally posted by ninja hattori View Post
          Thanks Dean for your invaluable support,
          Though I plotted histo correctly it has some post and presession issue. Now calculation part require some changes which starts from here-
          This consider day bars, can't figure out how to manipulate for 30 minutes bar.
          May be someone in forum help.
          I altered the dValueArea NT7 code to display intraday volume profiles and value areas. Use Parameters: OpenHour, OpenMnute, to specity the start of the day session, and SessionLengthInHours to specify the size of each Profile within the day session, i.e. OpenHour=8, OpenMinute=0, SessionLengthInHours=0.5, UseSessTemplate=Flase, will display 30 minute profiles starting from 8:00 am.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by monpere; 08-22-2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Volume differences

Dean can you explain the difference between VOC-Volume at Close and VTPO=Volume. Thanks

Comment

rv_trader...

VOC - puts all the volume from that bar at the close price tick.

VTPO - Evenly distributes that bar's volume across all the prices inclusive to that bar. All the price ticks in that bars range will get the same value, that bar's volume.

Dean.

Comment

Virgin POCs

Thank you Dean for this great indicator.

Could you please add an option to display virgin POCs and value area?
                A virgin POC is a POC which has not yet been touched since its "birth", so it may extends for several days after.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, DeanV

I just wonder if you can modify the value area so:

1- we can have a vertical line at current value area.
                  2- Erase the vertical lines which are continue of last day value area.
                  3- Add a line for initial balance.
                  Something similar to attachment below.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Allen; 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not planning on any changes till after V7 is offical. Then I'll go though the list of ideas and probably pick a few to add. The program is already a little on the heavy side.

Keep posting requests here. I'll review and see how much more busy to make the program. Things like changing how the current (evolving) VA's are shown shouldn't be too much, but others like the Virgins adds a lot more "bloating" of the code. I like both ideas though. Probably won't do the inital balance though (lots of things like IB and VWAP are really seperate functions, though sometimes used in congunction with this one).

Thanks.
                    Dean.

Comment

Thanks DeanV for all your hard work on this great indicator. Forgive my ignorance but I've heard some folks talking about 'HVN' and 'LVN'???? What are they and does DeanV's dValueArea indicator display them? Is HVN the same as the POC? If not, can someone explain the difference please. Thanks.

Comment

VAt and VAb dotted lines

Dean,
                        Thanks for the indicator, it is very impressive. I have been tinkering with it ( I am not an expert in VA), but I was wondering how come the dotted VAb and VAt lines on some of the days in your sample pic are outside the price action altogether, for example 3/16 and 3/17. Should they not be within the histogram?

EDIT: excuse my ignorance, but I think I have just worked out that they are VA's for the previous days. AM I correct?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by astrolobe; 10-21-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

dowtrader, High or Low Value Node - Sometimes used to disribe the peaks and vally's that show up on the maps. The POC is the highest of the HVN on a given day.

astrolobe, Yes... The 3 lines (POC and dotted VA's) represent the previous days activity. The evolving display (lines or text) is what's currently happeing today and can change bar by bar.

Comment

Hi Dean,

Is it possible for you to modify the code so that the POC, VAH, and VAL are displayed for that specific day instead of the next day? Currently, today's chart shows yesterday's values and yesterday's chart shows 2 days ago value.....but I want today to only show today's developing value, yesterday to show only yesterday's value, and so on.

Also, I would like to display 30min bars on my chart (since that's the original TPO length) but the calculation will not be as accurate than using 1 min bars. Is it possible to modify so that it generate the POC, VAH, VAL using 1min data regardless of what timeframe chart you place it on?

Thanks!

Comment

The realtime POC kind of does what you are asking for. I will show the changes through out the day (not sure if you wanted that on previous days, or just a line for how the day ended). It wouldn't take too much coding to add the Va's along the same as existing realtime POC (make a copy and try it!). I'm not making any changes at this point, but will put it on a list of possibles.

Harry had posted this note to get more resolution (thanks Harry). (I haven't tried it, but sounds like it would work)....
                              "You can increase the resolution of this indicator, by adding a secondary, smaller timeframe series of the same instrument. Apply the indicator to the secondary series and display it on the main panel. Display the secondary series on the main panel as well, but with bars set to transparent."

Dean.

Comment

Hi Dean,

I wrote you previously about the dissapearing of the indicator on occassion.
                                I still dont know why it does it, but it happens when using "Reload all historical data"
                                It will also happen if you open the workspace and then connect to zenfire after.
                                For me the workaround has been to connect to zenfire, and then open the workspace.
                                Did you experience this issue or has anyone?

M!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes