Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please explain something about Market Replay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain something about Market Replay...

Could you explain why connecting and disconnecting from Market Replay deletes any strategies in the strategy tab? Also why is when start up NT and there are strategies in the strategy tab, once I connect to the Market Replay they get deleted without a warning? I understand that the answer to my second question is related to my first question but why does NT make it possible to save and then load strategies without any way of using them once the connection is re-established?

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim, strategies can be generally persisted across sessions in NT, what you've run into here is a limitation of Market Replay, as when you connect / reconect to replay the account the strategy is running on is reset and thus the strategy would be removed as well.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Tim, strategies can be generally persisted across sessions in NT, what you've run into here is a limitation of Market Replay, as when you connect / reconect to replay the account the strategy is running on is reset and thus the strategy would be removed as well.
      For years I have lived with this situation, but now it just feels onerous to lose my carefully setup Replay environment every time that I have to restart NT, which of course we have to do multiple times while developing, as most of us are not super programmers like we see on all those TV programs where they write code on the fly which immediately works and takes over a remote system, and starts to operate without any issues. We, ordinary mortals keep crashing even the local system, as we try to squash bugs.

This is particularly galling because Market Replay is the only way provided to quasi-stepthrough a strategy to evaluate how it operates, as it is not possible to single-step bar by bar through a Strategy, the way that we can with an indicator.

Now that we are on NT8, redesigned from scratch, would you mind looking into the ability to be able to keep a Replay setup, without having to start from scratch each time that we have to restart NT?

Comment

I saw too many issues when reusing strategies. The chart they were attached to gets lost on restart. Couldn't tell exactly if the new code took or was previous code. Worst yet, restarting NT,like 3 strategies out of 9 would randomly remove themselves from the control center.

Comment

Hello koganam,
          Thanks for your reply.
          This has been sent to development to take into consideration.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes