Live Bitcoin/USD in Ninja (At Last!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not possible.

You may find that you do not run into any issues. However, if you experience issues when reloading futures data then you'll need to disable one or the other ('record live data as historical', 'get data from server') to troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

Will tick replay access the recorded data for use in bid/ask studies?

Comment

jmcg618,

Thanks for your post.

Tick replay would be a setting for strategies and indicators to ensure the market data (bid/ask/last) that went into building a bar is loaded in the exact sequence of market data events. Could you provide some further details to your not regarding what you're referring to by bid/ask studies?
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
          jmcg618,

Thanks for your post.

Tick replay would be a setting for strategies and indicators to ensure the market data (bid/ask/last) that went into building a bar is loaded in the exact sequence of market data events. Could you provide some further details to your not regarding what you're referring to by bid/ask studies?
          Hi, I'm only using tick replay in order to see historical bid/ask data in bid/ask based indicators. If it's unchecked, then I only see bid/ask data in chart since last nt8 restart. My question if I'm using recorded data vs data from the server, will enabling tick replay use the recorded data to generate historical bid/ask data in my indicators/charts?

Comment

No volume?

Hello,

I'm running Bitmex API through NT8 and on the T&S window there is no volume coming in, everything is 0's. Please let me know how to fix this issue, I would like to see the actual volume coming in from bitmex.

Comment

Originally posted by alainlamas View Post
              Hello,

I'm running Bitmex API through NT8 and on the T&S window there is no volume coming in, everything is 0's. Please let me know how to fix this issue, I would like to see the actual volume coming in from bitmex.
              I experience the same behavior.

Please reach out to Bitmex support to learn more about if volume data is supported through the connection with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello,

As long as bid/ask historical tick data is available, regardless of the method it was obtained, then indicators that rely on tick replay data to plot historically should function.

With that said, I was unable to test this as of yet as the volume of these instruments is quite low. I'll edit this post later with my results.

EDIT - I've been able to thoroughly test this behavior. So, first, it is possible to record BitMEX tick data for use with Tick Replay. However, BitMEX does not provide volume information. Therefore, any indicator which relies on volume data to function will not work. The built-in Volume Profile indicator requires volume data to plot historically,

In other words, if no volume is reported in the tick replay data then volume-based indicators will not plot historically. An indicator which relied on bid/ask price would function in tick replay without volume.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-05-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Hello,

It really seems like the Bitfinex api is the way to go... historical tick data and volume right into Ninjatrader, and you can place orders from ninjatrader as well. My only concern is that it's a third party api... It would be cool if Bitmex could invest some time and money into this but it seems they are a much smaller operation than Bitfinex and they are having serious tech issues.. Bitfinex supposedly has the best trading engine in the business and it doesn't freeze up like Bitmex's. Only down side is not quite enough margin offered and third party api... As it stands these Bitmex seems to be set up for bot techies and bucket shop traders... Their order entry platform is a joke... I won't even try it until it supports historical tick and volume data at the very least...

Comment

Problem with Ninja

I'm also using Sierra Charts and I get volume data and historical tick data, I use their footprint aka numbers bar charts and all the bid/ask volume loads up for as many days back as I want. So the problem here is with Ninjatrader not Bitmex. Please fix this issue as I can trade directly using sierra charts with no problems.

Comment

I'm also using Sierra Charts and I get volume data and historical tick data, I use their footprint aka numbers bar charts and all the bid/ask volume loads up for as many days back as I want. So the problem here is with Ninjatrader not Bitmex. Please fix this issue as I can trade directly using sierra charts with no problems.
                      I could not comment on how a different platform performs with a particular data feed.

NinjaTrader did not develop the BitMEX add-on. We have no control over how this add-on (made by BitMEX) supplies data nor can we directly make any changes. Please contact BitMEX and ask them what is expected from their datafeed when using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Ya bro, no professional futures traders use Sierra Charts...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                          I could not comment on how a different platform performs with a particular data feed.

NinjaTrader did not develop the BitMEX add-on. We have no control over how this add-on (made by BitMEX) supplies data nor can we directly make any changes. Please contact BitMEX and ask them what is expected from their datafeed when using NinjaTrader.
                          yet Ninjatrader floats the Bitmex image under their data partners page.. Smell's like Ecosystem around here..

Comment

It looks out that Bitfinex is no way to go, since you can't do anything unless you deposit $10000 worth on your account. I just opened an account there. I think it's a bit much to start with, so I stick with BitMEX for practising bitcoin trading, as I can't see any better alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post

Hi Patrick --and please Ray join in ---couple of things I have noticed
                              1. NT does not support one of the biggest booming industries opened to traders! Not interested in your point of view on the subject as the marketplace itself has decided being close to a trillion dollars(what R yall waiting for)

2. There is a way to connect NT8 to exchanges such as poloniex, binance, and bitfinex.
                              However here comes my dislike of NT, It's available thru a 3rd party vendor!! WTF ,I apologize in advance if u feel this is inappropriate but WTF I can buy the feature I am looking for- But it's not included because NT programmers don't feel like implementing it!!

Case- There is no justifiable reason (which Im sure to get from U) for NT not implementing the use of a publicly provided API and giving connection and charting capabilities within NT8 for subscribed--PAID users? Heck for that matter just in general within ur platform sim-free whatever, what gives Why should I as a paid lifetime member of your softwware have to pay for the newest markets available-
                              looking forward to your PUBLIC response as I have no need to send my log and trace files--LOL sorry culdnt resist

edit
                              let me be clear I have not intended this post to be miscontrued as one asking for TRADE capabilities- just asking for the simple capabilities of charting the LIVE data which is currently available obviously as you have 3rd party vendors Selling to your users!!!
                              Last edited by sonia0101; 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Ya, and I just got a pm from Ryan at NT Support saying he is going to delete my Bitfinex API thread as NT doesn't support third party apps... so much bs from NT...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post manitshah915