Data hoistory not downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data hoistory not downloading

I somehow lost/corrupted certain workspaces and conducted a recovery of sorts detailed here:

Now I am finding my data history is gone.
    NT8 (connected to FXCM demo) seems to be only collecting data from when NT8 starts up.
    I saw the historical data was missing yesterday when I fixed up my workspaces.
    Now I see for instance this workspace "CNH" the 1m chart has data going back to 1217h today which is the time I last opened NT8 (see current session tracefile in the background)
    I realise this may be related to my service provider but I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to go about troubleshooting.
    Before my corruption/workspace issue I had history going back a number of years.
    If missing should NT8 request it from the FXCM servers?
    That is what seemed to have happened before.
    Any comments appreciated...

Hello slouw,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection

Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management

In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update

Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

There are options to use either NinjaTrader servers or FXCM servers for historical data - this is found in the connection settings (Control Center > Configure > select your connection in the lower left > See if "NinjaTrader historical data server" is selected. If not, FXCM servers are in use).

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not fixed...

Hi Eric
      Thank you for your kind help.
      It has not made any difference with the WSP in focus "CNH"
      I have followed your instructions and I have 4 1min bars currently on my 1min chart reflecting been in NT8 again few minutes.

This is not affecting all my workspaces possibly only this one CNH let us assume that for now.
      I could create a fresh workspace and see if that behaves?

Thanks...

Comment

Am using NT

Interesting I appear to be using NT historical data.
        I navigated here and see this checkbox checked:

Control Centre > Connections > Configure > FXCMDemo > Settings > NinjaTrade Historical Data Server

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The same data should be available in all charts and workspaces with the same settings. Testing on my end, I can confirm I am seeing the same - the data is not available due to it not being a recorded pair on the NinjaTrader servers. However, this is able to be requested with the FXCM servers (uncheck the NinjaTrader servers > disconnect/reconnect).

Comment

Bingo.
            Thank you Eric.
            FXCM reconfigured to get historical data from FXCM fixes my problem with USDCNH workspace.
            Lets hope it has not broken any of my other workspaces....

Is it true to say that the Select historical data from NT8 servers option is a per connection setting? I cant make my USDCNH pair get data from FXCM and other pairs get historical data from Ninjatrader?

Thanks again

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct, the setting is per-connection setting - all instruments will use the setting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes