Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CrossAbove CrossBelow from plots which are equal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrossAbove CrossBelow from plots which are equal

Hello,

Is there a way to write the CrossAbove or CrossBelow code for a situation where the plots I am considering may be equal on the previous bar? I previously thought it was picking them up, but I had a normal CrossAbove which was picked up, then the plots became equal before one moved below on the next bar, but that last move was not picked up. I can write an alternative piece of code to pick them up, but that would make the shorter CrossAbove and CrossBelow codes redundant.

Thank you. ,

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

In the situation where your plots are exactly equal or the same value and then one moves to a new value which is greater or lesser, this would not be a true cross as the value were previously the same value. The existing cross methods would not check for this specific case with a lookback of 1 as they are instead specifically checking if a price cross happened where the price was below, and then passed through the other price or the opposite.

For this, you would either need to know ahead of time how long the values will be the same and use a lookback period that would allow for a cross to be found, or you would need to write a specific condition for this situation separate from your cross statements.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes