Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Backup Error

Hi,

I've tried several times to run a backup of my market replay data and each time encounter the attached error dialog.

It's not a very helpful error message so I was hoping that you guys could tell me what it means and how to can get the backup to run.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Hmm ... this is a strange one. To clarify: you would see that error as you only (!) have the "Market replay files" option checked on the backup form?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Hmm ... this is a strange one. To clarify: you would see that error as you only (!) have the "Market replay files" option checked on the backup form?
      Yes. I only have the 'market replay files' option checked and the back-up process fails after about 15-20 mins.

One thing occurs to me. There are about 6GB of market replay files. Maybe the size is causing a problem. Is there any way to only backup a specific range of the market replay files (e.g. one week rather than all the market replay data)?

Comment

ScoobyStoo, unfortunately not - you could only back up the individual day's files directly from the MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\db\data folder.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interesting. May be the zipping process somehow fails due to size of the archive.

Unfortunately there is no way to just archive a sub-section of all market replay files.

I suggest working around that issue by:
          - terminating NT
          - manually backing up the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db/data
          - excluding the market replay files from future backups

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
            Interesting. May be the zipping process somehow fails due to size of the archive.

Unfortunately there is no way to just archive a sub-section of all market replay files.

I suggest working around that issue by:
            - terminating NT
            - manually backing up the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db/data
            - excluding the market replay files from future backups
            Out of interest...is it possible to export market replay files to a different machine by just copying the files within the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db/data? I have previously always used the backup/restore functionality to move my market replay data from the server I use to capture market data across to the server I use for running backtests. I assumed that there would be some database entries (or something similar) packaged in the backup file along with the actual market replay files. It now occurs to me though that it might be possible simply to copy the market replay files directly between the servers. Is this possible?

Thanks

Comment

Although we do not officially support copying files around, you should be able to manually copy the directory in question from one machine to the other.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              13 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm