Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When indicator parameters not in Parameters category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When indicator parameters not in Parameters category

I have a proprietary third-party indicator that has some of its parameters in a grid category called Signal. I'd like to add this indicator to a chart from a strategy and then change some of the settings of the Signal parameters. Is that possible, or can I only specify Parameters when the indicator is added and subsequently access Plots and Lines? In other words, can I get at the values in the Signal grid category, or are they out of reach?

Hello MikeInMA,

You can only access indicator plots from another script without having to do additional coding. It's possible to access other values, but you will need to be able to edit the code of your indicator. This sample demonstrates exposing values that aren't plots.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Doing a little more poking around, it actually looks like it's pretty simple to do what I was trying to do, and access to the indicator's code is not necessary. In this case I'm working with a 3rd-party proprietary indicator, so I can't access the code, anyway. However, I know this indicator has a parameter called SignalSize in a grid category called Signal. And it turns out that in my strategy's Initialize() routine I can directly reference indicator().SignalSize. Easy.

Comment

Yes, that should work. The code added to the called indicator helps make sure that the value is up to date, but if you're referencing a static value this shouldn't affect you much.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post inanazsocial  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes