Currency CFD from IB mapping into NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency CFD from IB mapping into NT8

Can somebody provide an example of what fields need to be entered in order to map currency CFDs from Interactive Brokers into NT8?
    Example GBP.USD (Which is the IB symbold for the GBPUSD CFD). I could not manage to run any currency CFD from IB into NT8.
    I see that the default list of CFDs provided on NT8 are INDEX cfds. Are currencies also working? A complete example with all fields required (I do not believe is more than 4 or 5) will be appreciated!

I am running some tests now to see if this is possible. The issue is that Interactive Brokers uses the same underlying mapping for both the CFD and forex instrument so it may not be possible.

I will update this post with the information I discover.

EDIT: Due to the identical underlying mapping of the FX CFD and the currency pair it is not currently possible to map FX CFDs from Interactive Brokers. I will submit a feature request to the Development Team to add support for FX CFDs from Interactive Brokers.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-27-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I am running some tests now to see if this is possible. The issue is that Interactive Brokers uses the same underlying mapping for both the CFD and forex instrument so it may not be possible.

I will update this post with the information I discover.

EDIT: Due to the identical underlying mapping of the FX CFD and the currency pair it is not currently possible to map FX CFDs from Interactive Brokers. I will submit a feature request to the Development Team to add support for FX CFDs from Interactive Brokers.
      I was just looking for this same exact issue, and it also exists on the ger30 products, so please do add my vote for this feature.

Comment

I've added your vote to SFT-319, pjsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          I've added your vote to SFT-319, pjsmith.
          Thank you.

Might there be a workaround for this, per the FDXM/FDAX workaround? I do not mind manually disabling EUR.USD and enabling the EUR.USD CFD only. I have been playing with the symbol mappings as I can see a similar question raised on the sierra forums, which with the correct IB mapping, seems to work, but I think the NT8 mapping format might be different to what is posted there?

For instance, IB state this

"They should instead define the symbol = EUR only:

Symbol = EUR
          SecType = CFD
          Currency = USD
          Exchange = SMART"

Can this be mapped using the mapping format with the Bars in NT8? I did search around, but I cannot find in the docs or elsewhere exactly what the parameters between the bars are in NT.

Thanks.

Comment

That is certainly a good thought, pjsmith, however it is still not possible to force the mapping for the FX CFDs.

The reason this works for FDAX and FDXM is because these instruments actually do have underlying 'multipliers' within Interactive Brokers which we can manually put into the mapping in NinjaTrader to force the instrument we want. Since the FX CFDs do not have a multiplier or something comparable which can identify the instruments individually, this work-around is not possible.

The Development Team would need to overhaul how instrument mapping works to accomodate FX and equity CFDs from Interactive Brokers. The feature request your vote was added to is tracking demand for this overhaul.

Comment

Ah, seems perhaps I am re-visiting an old requirement again. Is there any update on this a couple years later? I know the IB connector was updated. Perhaps it can now do the needed to support the forex CFD's ? Thanks.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

Stock and FX CFDs are still not supported with Interactive Brokers.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
                Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As you may have heard, IB has set up new branches in the EU because of Brexit - IB Hungary, Luxembourg and Ireland. It is no longer possible to trade Forex spot pairs for some of these (or all) branches, but only Forex CFDs. As one of the affected clients, I would therefore very much appreciate when you add Forex CFD support to NinjaTrader. And I am sure, I am not alone.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The NinjaTrader platform itself is not a data provider. The offerings of our supported data providers would be outside the scope of our ability to integrate into the platform, and would be at the discretion of the data providers directly.

You have other options for CFD data providers. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.
                    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes