Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SuperDom Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDom Question

I was writing some SuperDomColumns code to Color the background based on Price conditions to assist with Fast markets when I realized that a better solution would be to Actually modify the SuperDom Price Column BackColor at certain prices. Is the SuperDom
    Code available So I can change it instead or is this as dumb a question as it seems ?

further can you Access a PriceSeries from within the SuperDomColumns code especially a Multiple time frame Series. If so could anyone provide a reference on how to handle that.
    Last edited by JerryWar; 06-17-2017, 03:35 PM.

Hello JerryWar,

I'm not aware of any properties that would change the ask, bid, or last column rows color.

Would you like to submit a feature request to allow for these to be changed?

There is a SuperDom.Rows collection. You could check the price and render rectangles within the drawing space of your column.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea, Thanks you triggered the answer for me when you told me their was a SuperDom.Rows collection and that led to one of those "of Course" moments that to access MTF on the Dom you just add an indicator that does it. One follow up Question if I create an indicator Specifically to add to the SuperDom How can I access that SuperDom MarketPosition to make descisions in the indicator or for that matter SuperDom.Rows. Within SuperDomColumns code it is fairly straight forward i.e. I can access SuperDom.Rows but that does not seem available to an indicator. Within SuperDomColumns Code I cannot access MTF Prices series. So I am in a Catch 22.
      How do I get around this issue.
      Last edited by JerryWar; 06-18-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

You would need to grab the window itself, find the SuperDom object, and then access the SuperDom.Account.

Then use the Account tools.

Comment

Chelsea, Thanks for the explanation with Links I will see if I can work thru that.
          However,
          If I insert an indicator onto the SuperDom which I have done. I can understand that the indicator can somehow know the Symbol on the Dom, but how does the indicator know what the "Root" Symbol compression is ? Since the Dom has no compression associated with it. but which is key to the indicator functioning properly.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Can you clarify what you are referring to when you mention compression?

Comment

Examples
              Bar Compression for minute bars = Number of Minutes per bar
              Bar Compression for Tick bars = Number of Ticks per bar
              etc, etc.
              If I put a 14 period SMA on the superDom a line is plotted on the dom at some price.
              The calculation of 14 periods of the SMA uses What compression Price series for its calculation.
              Or is this calculation done on the Last 14 price ticks.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

When you say compression, you are talking about the bar type and interval is this correct?

(I'm not quite understanding this as compression. This would be the data that gets loaded which is uncompressed)

The BarsPeriod object will hold the BarsPeriodType and Value.

Comment

Bar Interval , Use of the Term "Compression" to refer to a Bars Period predates NinjaTrader.
                  But back to my Question
                  If I have a Chart and apply an indicator such as an SMA it will be applied by default to the Root data series whose period/compression has been defined in the DataSeries when the chart was set up.
                  A SuperDom has no DataSeries Setting. So to what period/compression does the indicator use to calculate? It seems to me that it computes on Raw Tick data. Is this correct ?

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

This is incorrect. When adding an indicator to the SuperDOM, the Data Series parameters must be set in the Indicator parameters in the Data Series section (or will use the default settings).

Comment

My Thinking is Stuck in NT7

Thanks
                      Jerry

Comment

Changing the SuperDom indicator Data Input doesn't work on Tick or Volume Bars. It generates a Log Error.

"2017-06-19 15:37:48:842|3|4|A hosted indicator tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state."
                        Last edited by JerryWar; 06-19-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

I am unable to reproduce when printing the BarsPeriods.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Are you adding an indicator that adds a data series or calls another indicator that adds a secondary series (like the Pivots indicator)?

Are you using the latest version (8.0.7.0)?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chelsea,
                            After Rebooting it is working. I had tried it like 6 times and got the error each time every time I changed to Tick or Volume. When I can reproduce again I will do a video.

Built in SMA with length 1 ( no changes to indicator )
                            Input is Last Tick 343
                            As soon as I apply the SMA to the SuperDom with Tick or Volume it was generating the error I posted.

Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                            0 responses