Superdom question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superdom question....

I have been trading Sim for ZB using the Superdom and recently started adding trailing stops. All of a sudden the other day I noticed that if I place and order. (limit or market ) and decide to cancel the order and click on "cancel" the superdom will still have a few orders live??? I will have to click on the red "x" several times to cancel all orders.

What is going on? Did I accidentally make a change somewhere? I thought cancelling the trade cancells all profit targets and stop limit targets.

The only thing I have changed recently is I removed the "are you sure" message when you click on a price order.

I thought I knew how to use the Sdom, but thank god I was not trading live.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    JP

Hello,

Can you reproduce the behavior? If so, please provide me with exact steps to do it.

If it only happens very infrequently, this is probably a ghost order:

If you ever get a ghost order please follow the instructions below.
    If the order is live:
    Please contact your broker right away and have them flatten the order or manage it directly. Also, please shut down NinjaTrader and restart it. If the order is still there your broker is sending this information and you will need to wait until they reset their servers.
    If the order is simulated:
    Please go to: Tools> Options> Simulator tab> click Reset to reset your simulator.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

Can you reproduce the behavior? If so, please provide me with exact steps to do it.

If it only happens very infrequently, this is probably a ghost order:

If you ever get a ghost order please follow the instructions below.
      If the order is live:
      Please contact your broker right away and have them flatten the order or manage it directly. Also, please shut down NinjaTrader and restart it. If the order is still there your broker is sending this information and you will need to wait until they reset their servers.
      If the order is simulated:
      Please go to: Tools> Options> Simulator tab> click Reset to reset your simulator.

OK, not sure how I feel about that being a possible occurence. But here is what I did....

I had my stop loss set for 8 ticks. A Trailing stop setup to kick in once I had 4 ticks profit. I did not have a profit target setup on the "front" of the DOM since I had the trailing stop.

I initiated a buy order at limit for ZB market and when I had 2 ticks profit decided to close out the order. I clicked on the "Close" button button and it would close the order but you could still see my initial "buyin" greyed like there was an order there....I think even an red "x" showed up as well. I ended up having to close several times or press flatten. I can not recall, but the system obviously was not working the way it previously did.

I know from your responce to go and "reset" the simulator if this happens, but how do I get this to
      1. Not happen again.
      2. Not EVER happen when I decide to go live and not sim trade?

Comment

Hello,

What you may experiece, on any platform, is in-flight execution. This may be what is going on with your situation. Please review this link:
        Click here to view the Risks of Electronic Trading

If anything ever happens, please do not hesitate to send us an email from Help>Mail to Support, which will include your log and trace files. We will look into it for you.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
        1 response
        0 likes