Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaScript File Sharing > NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion

NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Discussion for shared NinjaScript files.

NinjaTrader

Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #106
richbois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclem View Post
(1) Is there a way to move the colored boxes, diamonds, and triangles further away from the candlesticks they are reporting on. They are so close that they are covering and touching the candlestick wicks and make it impossible to read the candlestick. Is there a parameter I can adjust to change their location. (2) Also, could someone point me to a manual or good description of how this VSA indicator functions? I don't mean the VSA theory, but exactly what the indicator is doing when it places the colored boxes, and when it changes the text in the large white text boxes(the ones that often cover too much of the chart). For example, are these large white text boxes reporting on the last bar on the chart, or are they just informational FAQs that pop up at random.
Hi yes it can be done but it is not as easy as it looks

In the variable section you need to add a new variable

in my case after line 61 i added
private
int dist = 5;

then goto property section

after the 3 Values section at line 945 in original script

add this
[Description(
"Distance")]
[Category(
"Parameters")]
[Gui.Design.DisplayNameAttribute(
"Shape Distance")]
publicint Dist
{
get { return dist; }
set { dist = Math.Max(1, value); }
}

then you need to go to the Shape section and change each line of code and remove the 2 and replace it by dist like in this example

if (isUpThrustBar[0] && !isNewConfirmedUpThrustBar[0])
{
DrawSquare(
"MySquare" + CurrentBar, true, 0, High[0] + dist * TickSize, Color.Red);
}

I hope that helps as now you can pick in the parameters what distance you want

if this is too complicated than go in the Shape section and just change the 2 for any number you want than it will be fixed

good luck
Old 01-04-2011, 05:22 AM   #107
jbclem

Richbois, thanks...this is what I was looking for, though I was hoping the adjustments might be done from inside NinjaTrader. Could you tell me exactly where to find the variables section, the property section, and the shape section. I have 9 .cs files and I looked in the longest one called VPA .cs but the lines aren't numbered, so that must be the wrong place to look. I also don't know if this is the original script...do you know where that is available? John
Old 01-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #108
richbois

Quote:
Richbois, thanks...this is what I was looking for, though I was hoping the adjustments might be done from inside NinjaTrader. Could you tell me exactly where to find the variables section, the property section, and the shape section. I have 9 .cs files and I looked in the longest one called VPA .cs but the lines aren't numbered, so that must be the wrong place to look. I also don't know if this is the original script...do you know where that is available? John

Yes in the VPA.CS file

You will see the sections I am talking about at or close to the line ##s I quoted
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #109
Larry22

Quote:
though I was hoping the adjustments might be done from inside NinjaTrader.
To do that you need to go to tools then edit ninja script then indicator from there select the VPA one.

Quote:
I have 9 .cs files and I looked in the longest one called VPA .cs but the lines aren't numbered, so that must be the wrong place to look. I also don't know if this is the original script...do you know where that is available? John
By using the Ninja script indicator edit feature you will be able to see all the numbered lines and add the lines required to have your boxes further on your chart.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #110
janis

Default VSA Indicator

Hi everyone!
I have a question here. I downloaded VPA.zip (17.6 KB) and in lower volume box missing volumes (volume box is empty). Any suggest of why there is no volumes? Thanks for advise!
The following user says thank you to janis for this post:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #111
logjam101

I am using NT 7 V 1000.5. When I try to import the the indicator I am getting a message " Import failed. The NinjaScript Arichive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."

How do I get this indicator to work. Help would be appreciated. Thanxs
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #112
Jonson

Thumbs up

hi
I have found the paid version http://www.tradeguider.com/addins/ninja.aspx, this addition costs money or it works also as the indicator on this thread?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #113
StockJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam101 View Post
I am using NT 7 V 1000.5. When I try to import the the indicator I am getting a message " Import failed. The NinjaScript Arichive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."

How do I get this indicator to work. Help would be appreciated. Thanxs
Me too. I have the VPA indicators for earlier versions of NT and there has been some code changes in NT 7 that prevent it from working. I think there's a number of people who would appreciate a workable version of VPA for NT 7, if there's someone who is willing to reprogram it.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #114
jwhtrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader2010a View Post
Hi,

Can't find the VPA indicator that works with NT7 so I modify the original one. Enjoy

T2010a
Hi Trader2010a,

Great indicator, thanks, do you have any trading strategy info for this indicator? It's a lot more complete than the previous version.
Thanks in advance,
jwhtrades
The following user says thank you to jwhtrades for this post:
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #115
StockJock

Is there a "symbol key" that explains what each symbol means, so that I can decipher the chart?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #116
laurus12

Hello John,

Look at the picture and the attached file in post #104 below.

Laurus
The following user says thank you to laurus12 for this post:
Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #117
StockJock

Thanks. I missed that. I can see that there's a little problem distinguishing between the Red Square and the Deep Pink Square; also between the Lime Up Triange and the Aqua Up Triangle. In these cases, its necessary to consider where they are located to confirm the information the symbol is trying to convey.
The following 3 users say thank you to StockJock for this post:
Old 04-23-2017, 04:52 AM   #118
msaeed

Thanks
Old 06-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #119
markbb10

Is there a doc or legend that describes the symbols on the VPA indicator...
Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #120
Janbee

Any guide how to use this indicator?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*phu kien tien ich xe hoi*| *phu kien tien ich giai tri tren o to*| *tac dung cua phu kien o to*