Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does NT8 support GDAX? You would sell a ton of licenses if it did!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does NT8 support GDAX? You would sell a ton of licenses if it did!

Hi NinjaTrader,

Does NT8 support GDAX? Do you have plans to support it?

It would be an incredibly strong selling point for so many traders if it did, and I think that you would sell a ton of lifetime licenses.

I haven't bought a lifetime license yet, but if you fully supported trading on GDAX, including live and historical market data for back-testing, I would almost certainly buy a lifetime license.

One of your web based competitors recently announced support for GDAX, and just today another of your competitors which offers a more expensive platform announced support for GDAX by March, but I love NinjaTrader 8 and want to use your product to back-test and live trade cryptocurrencies on GDAX!

Your platform is awesome and GDAX traders would go absolutely nuts if you supported GDAX. You wouldn't even need to pay much for marketing... milllions of crypto traders would find out about it within a month of your announcement by media mentions and social sharing alone!

Thank you very much for your consideration!

EquityTrader

Originally posted by EquityTrader View Post
    Hi NinjaTrader,

Does NT8 support GDAX? Do you have plans to support it?

It would be an incredibly strong selling point for so many traders if it did, and I think that you would sell a ton of lifetime licenses.

I haven't bought a lifetime license yet, but if you fully supported trading on GDAX, including live and historical market data for back-testing, I would almost certainly buy a lifetime license.

One of your web based competitors recently announced support for GDAX, and just today another of your competitors which offers a more expensive platform announced support for GDAX by March, but I love NinjaTrader 8 and want to use your product to back-test and live trade cryptocurrencies on GDAX!

Your platform is awesome and GDAX traders would go absolutely nuts if you supported GDAX. You wouldn't even need to pay much for marketing... milllions of crypto traders would find out about it within a month of your announcement by media mentions and social sharing alone!

Thank you very much for your consideration!

EquityTrader
    We recently started development of a GDAX interface however, there are some hurdles we still need to overcome. No ETA at this time.

Which competitor platforms are you referring to in your original post?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Disregard last question, I see that TT announced integration.

Comment

Hello Mr. Deux,

Your answer made my week! I'm almost certainly going to buy a lifetime license when this is ready. I know you already know this, but let me just give NinjaTrader my vote of confidence that it has the opportunity to completely dominate the market for programmable algo trading platforms for crypto exchanges, plus of course do very, very well selling to discretionary crypto traders also. As you know, this opportunity is even much larger than the market for trading products and services geared toward equities day traders in the late 1990's. I'm excited for you.

I wish you and your team the best of luck with your GDAX implementation, and with your products and services geared toward crypto traders in the future.

Best regards,

EquityTrader

Comment

Request: Could NT8 could offer GDAX mkt data now, and support order submission later?

Hello Mr. Deux and the decision makers of NinjaTrader, Inc.,

I know that programming NinjaTrader 8 to offer complete support for executing orders on GDAX is a ton of work and could take a long time, so I would like to make a suggestion that would help you get tons of new cryptocurrency traders to download and try NinjaTrader for the first time, even before you have completely supported trading on GDAX:

The idea: Maybe you could offer real-time or historical GDAX cryptocurrency market data even before you offer support for trading GDAX cryptocurrencies. Then tons of people would start using and talking about NinjaTrader 8 in all the crypto forums now instead of later, and the day you offered actual trading at GDAX, chaos would erupt on the crypto forums, and the NinjaTrader 8 platform would become famous in the crypto trading world overnight.

Thanks for your consideration. I'm a huge NinjaTrader 8 fan.

EquityTrader

Comment

GDAX is now available.
            • Make sure you are running NT8 R14 or greater
            • Make sure you have restarted at least once today
            • You can then configure a GDAX connection --> No logon credentials required --> This is a free real time and historical data source --> Trading not supported at this time

Symbol format is BTCUSD for example.

Comment

Dear Mr. Deux and the entire NinjaTrader team,

This is really fantastic! Thank you so much for doing this. I am confident that this is going to greatly increase NinjaTrader's license sales to the extremely large crypto trading community.

I tested three things, and found only one problem:

Test #1. Live intraday BTCUSD data on a chart: It works perfectly, even on the free version of NinjaTrader 8.

Test #2. A back-test of a strategy on daily data over a three-year period: It works perfectly, and is lightening fast as are all back-tests in NinjaTrader 8.

Test #3. A back-test of intraday BTCUSD data: Unfortunately, an attempt to back-test 15-minute bars of BTCUSD over only approximately 14 calendar days (5/20/2018 to 6/3/2018) returns the following error:

Error on requesting bars series: 'Rate Limit exceeded'

I was able to run the same back-test over a few days of data, but this of course isn't a statistically significant number of bars.

NinjaTrader Developers/Support Team: How can I run a back-test of 15-minute bars of GDAX data over a period of 14 days without getting the error described above?

Thank you very much for supporting GDAX data!

Sincerely,

EquityTrader

Comment

Hello EquityTrader,

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to reproduce the same error in testing more than 15 days of Minute data. Can you send us your log and trace files so we may look into this matter further?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

Unfortunately, when I try to email my log files to support using your instructions, an error dialog box pops up with the following message:

"Unable to upload attachment files to support server. Please try again later. Support request email will be sent out though: The remote server returned an error: 227 Entering Passive Mode (... and some numbers that I don't want to post here in case doing so is a risk to Ninjatrader or me)".

I tried twice.

I can email the files to you. Where should I email the files to, and which files should I email?

Thanks,

EquityTrader

Comment

Hello EquityTrader,

Thank you for your response.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.
                    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email.
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

I followed your instructions and sent the email.

Thanks,

EquityTrader

Comment

Hello EquityTrader,

Thank you for your patience and for trying out the various instructions.

I have been able to reproduce this behavior and it has been reported to development.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH,

You are most welcome. I am glad that it was reproducible.

This feature is going to be fantastic!

Best regards,

EquityTrader

Comment

I'm also getting an error
                            "Error on requesting bars series: 'The symbol 'BTCUSD' could not be found' "
                            and cannot seem to load the chart.

Comment

Hello jheo0270,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please send me your log and trace files so I may look into this matter further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tkaboris  
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              1 response