Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for custom drawing hot keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for custom drawing hot keys

In my code, I am scanning for hot key values so as not to hard code them. I am iterating thru NinjaTrader.Gui.HotKeys.HotKeysManager.AllHotKeys, and can see all of the built in Drawing hot keys in ChartHotKeys container.

However, if I have a custom Drawing (i.e. MyDrawing) the hot key does not seem to appear anywhere in the hotkey collection.

Is there is a different place I should be scanning to find these custom hotkeys?

Hello aslane,

Thanks for opening the thread.

I'll ask about this and let you know what I have found.

2/26/2018

Product Management has pointed out that HotKey support has not been fully extended to custom Drawing Tools which would explain why they aren't listed. I have attempted to do this with automation ID's and was successful in doing so for normal drawing tools, but I have not been successful in finding a way to invoke the drawing tool's Command.

Since I have not been able to find a way to do this, I will submit a feature request for a supported way to trigger the DrawingTool pens custom, or not, from NinjaScript.

Ticket ID: SFT-920

Please keep in mind, feature requests are fulfilled based on the development team's priorities and we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. Upon implementation, the ticket ID's can be seen in the Release Notes page of the help guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 07-23-2018, 06:59 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is the control that records the key/gesture accessible to us? I realize it is not documented, but since I can not access the hot key, wanted a way to allow user to more easily specify the key.

Comment

Hello aslane,

Currently, the only supported way to add hot keys would be through the Hot Key Manager from the Control Center. I could not identify any usable automation ID's for the hot key assignment buttons, and I am not aware of another approach that could be taken to invoke those controls.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Comment

That.s what I expected, thanks for checking.

In the future, it would be nice if the custom drawing hot keys got added to NinjaTrader.Gui.HotKeys.ChartHotKeys collection.

Comment

Yes, this is an absolute must. Hot keys are key in daily trading!

Comment

Hello ludopuig,

We have a feature request tracking interest in setting Drawing Tool Hotkeys programmatically and I will submit a vote on your behalf.

That ticket ID is SFT-920 and can be found in the Release Notes page of the help guide after a release includes the feature. As a reminder, we cannot offer an ETA on feature requests or release schedules.

@aslane, I will make sure that your interest is tracked in this ticket ID as well since it provides a direct solution to SFT-920.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 07-23-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Hello what is the status of this and please add my vote

Comment

Hello explorer101,

We had a similar feature request in our system already, so the votes have been transferred to the older ticket ID of SFT-920. I've also added your vote.

Feature request interest is aggregated before it is determined that the feature request should be implemented. The feature request is still pending and there are no further details at this time. Ticket ID's can be referenced in the Release Notes page of the help guide when they are implemented in a new build of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                  3 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes