Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTrader not showing orders

Hi there,

I'm using linked chart trader and basic order windows along with an ATM strategy to execute orders while connected to a paper trading account at Interactive Brokers. The issue I'm seeing is that, intermittently, ChartTrader doesn't show open orders or positions.

I'm attaching a screen grab of two trades that were active at the same time. The one on the right (MRDN) correctly shows the open position and ATM orders. The one one on the left (OMER) showed no orders or position.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this perhaps a known issue?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello divzero,

Thanks for opening the thread.

I would suspect that in Chart Trader Properties, Display Selected ATM Strategy only is selected for the ATM Strategy Selection Mode. With this setting, we can view an active ATM strategy by selecting the lightning bolt next to the ATM strategy in the pull down menu.

Chart Trader Properties can be set by right clicking on the Chart Trader's background and selecting Properties.

I've included a publicly available resource on ATM Strategy Selection modes for more information.

ATM Strategy Selection Modes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

"Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission" is the selected ATM mode for both the chart and the basic entry windows in my config. Upon relaunching the app, the problem was gone. I've seen this before and it eventually returns.

Comment

Hello divzero,

Thanks for the reply.

Select Active ATM Strategy on Order Submission will allow ChartTrader to select the active ATM strategy for the Account and Instrument when it has been submitted. We should see this even when submitting from a Basic Entry Window.

Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template On Order Submission should show the order markers for all active ATM Strategies on that Account and Instrument.

While I am glad that you are not experiencing the issue anymore after updating the platform, I would still be interested in any steps that you could provide for us to hit the issue on our end.

If you hit the issue again, please write back with some instructions we can take to reproduce the matter so we can look into it further.

I look forward to being of any further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes