Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

"'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests" & "There is no market data..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests" & "There is no market data..."

I'm wondering how I can avoid these errors.

"Strategy 'test' submitted an order that generated the following error 'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel request, attempted to close the position and terminate itself."

and

"There is no market data available to drive the simulation..."

I'm using a sim account, with OpenTick and I'm trying to work on some strategies, but these errors keep coming up, preventing me from loading a strategy.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?

thanks.

Unforuntately there is no setting.

Simulator will only work if there is incoming data thus, please be sure that your connection to OT has data flowing for the market you are going to run the strategy on.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, it seems a bit limiting to only be able to work on strategies during trading hours, but I'll try getting the historical data from OT and then connecting to a simulated feed and see if that works...

Comment

Just connect to

File > Simulated Data Feed

or

Use Market Replay, record data tomorrow and you will forever have a consistent data set that you can use to test real-time operation.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Couldn't it be a matter of simple error handling? If a strategy is loaded at 3:00am EST and the instrument in question is traded on the NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, etc. it shouldn't demand new incoming data, then throw a fit and crash if it doesn't get any. Simply wait until its 9:30am EST, start requesting data again...

The most important use for this of course, is so that I can leave NT running overnight and use it as an alarm clock in the morning when the first trading signal is generated...

Comment

I tried using the simulator as suggested and had the same issue.

I downloaded historical data for the instrument from OpenTick, disconnected from OpenTick, connected to the simulated data feed, loaded my strategy, and CRASH.

My reason for loading strategies outside of market hours is so I can see how a strategy would perform on historical data. Watching a days replay, or simulating data with no correlation to the underlying instrument, doesn't help much.

*EDIT* This problem only appears to happen if exit on close is set to false in the strategy properties. If there was a way to make the strategy 'exit on close' of the most recent day, but not the others would this solve the problem...
            Last edited by Elliott Wave; 04-11-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Elliott Wave,

The behavior you are experiencing is generally not normal. Please try testing with the Simulated Data Feed with the NT provided SampleMACrossOver strategy. You should have no problem with that strategy.

If that works out for you then you most likely have a bug with your strategy that needs to be addressed.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I am getting the same error. I have tried setting "Exit on Close" to true but doesn't work. I can enter a trade manually via chart trader, but my strategy can't enter. My strategy does work on my Sim account...

Comment

Hello nourozi,

Please try to avoid posting the same issue on multiple threads.

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, 1056050' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  166 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80  
                  Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view