Disable compile sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable compile sound

Whenever I compile a NinjaScript, the compiler makes a silly sound. How do I turn it off? I tried looking in Tools->Options->General->Sounds but nothing there. How do I turn off all sounds in NT, I like to keep the computer silent, unless it is coming from a video or music.

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. If you are using Windows 10, you should be able to mute NinjaTrader in your volume mixer. You can access this by right clicking on the Speak Icon in your system Try > Open Volume Mixer. You may need to force NinjaTrader to paly a sound before the application shows up in the Volume Mixer. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately I don't have Win 10, running Win 7. Any suggestion for that?

Slightly related question.
      I am planning to stay on Win 7 until the support completely ends and I have no intension to use Win 10 (or later, until they end the forced updates and spying). There are .NET Core and Mono on Linux. Does NT run on Linux with those packages?

Comment

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. NinjaTrader uses the System Sound in Windows 7 so you may be able to mute that. We do not offer linux support for NinjaTrader. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

In windows sound settings (Control Panel -> Sound -> Sounds) Sound Scheme is set to No Sound, in the list of Program Events all items are set to (None), yet there is the compiler sound. Is there another place in windows where this might be set? I could not find anything else.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. You can rename the "CompiledSuccessfully.wav" file in C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\sounds. This will show an error when it is play, though.

Comment

In Win7, click on the speaker in the System Tray (Volume Control). At the base of the Volume slider is the link "Mixer". Click on that to bring up the volume controls for each app that is currently running. Very handy way to control volume of each app separately!

Comment

I'm also looking for some interesting audio stuff. The ringtones I searched for and indir at TelefonZilSesleriIndir.com
                Last edited by hellobaby; 03-07-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh  
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                10 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post frankthearm