Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Conversion Request: Damiani Volatmeter (trend detection, trade filtering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!!! with daimiani volatmeter

when i try to import DamianiVolatmeter, i get error.

"import failed. the ninjascript archive file may contain duplicate
    method names that already exist on your pc or there is a required
    file missing on either your pc or in the import archive."

how do i comment out lines 95-97 (that call T3 indicator) if i cant import it?
    i do have T3 if that matters. thanks for any advice, cheers.

Comment

johnny,

Please submit a support request to support at ninjatrader dot com.

Please briefly describe your issue and put ATTN : Adam in the message body.

I look forward to helping you there.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a "Commented out" version

I seem to have ran into the same error message and was curious if the version with lines 95 - 97 commented out is available and working.

thanks,
        Ryan

Comment

Working Damiani Volatmeter

Adam was kind enough to correct the error and produced this working version. JM
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks a million

Comment

It is posible to atach file to MT4?

Comment

Originally posted by dacian View Post
                It is posible to atach file to MT4?
                Welcome to our forums - this would not be possible, we are a forum dedicated to the NinjaTrader platform only. The cs / zip files shared here could only be loaded in this environment.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Anyone willing/able to update this for NT8 compatibility?

Comment

Hello mase2005,

Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately, in the NinjaScript Support department, we cannot convert, create, debug, or modify a script on your behalf.

That said, if this is a script you would like to convert to NinjaTrader 8, my advice is to start by creating as much of the script as possible in NinjaTrader 8 using the Strategy Builder (or Strategy Wizard). This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy which has large changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

Then copy all code from the NinjaTrader 7 scripts OnBarUpdate() method to the OnBarUpdate() method of the NinjaTrader 8 script. This will introduce errors that will need to be resolved.

Below I am including a link to a list of the code-breaking changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
                    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The help guide will be the best way to see how things have changed from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

When first starting to port scripts, I myself would open the NinjaTrader 7 help guide and the NinjaTrader 8 help guide to the same sections so that I could compare. The majority of code supported by NinjaTrader is included in the help guides.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

This thread will also be open for community members to comment on.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
                    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I am looking for the same indicator in Ninja trader 8 and I am prepared to switch over to MT5 where they seem to have everything NJ is missing.

If customer retention matters to NJ, it might be in your interest to be more helpful than telling your community to do it yourself.

thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                      Hello mase2005,

Thanks for your note.

Unfortunately, in the NinjaScript Support department, we cannot convert, create, debug, or modify a script on your behalf.

That said, if this is a script you would like to convert to NinjaTrader 8, my advice is to start by creating as much of the script as possible in NinjaTrader 8 using the Strategy Builder (or Strategy Wizard). This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy which has large changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

Then copy all code from the NinjaTrader 7 scripts OnBarUpdate() method to the OnBarUpdate() method of the NinjaTrader 8 script. This will introduce errors that will need to be resolved.

Below I am including a link to a list of the code-breaking changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
                      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The help guide will be the best way to see how things have changed from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

When first starting to port scripts, I myself would open the NinjaTrader 7 help guide and the NinjaTrader 8 help guide to the same sections so that I could compare. The majority of code supported by NinjaTrader is included in the help guides.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

This thread will also be open for community members to comment on.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello linterstellar,

Thank you for your note.

As previously stated it is unfortunately against our policy in the Support department to convert, modify, or debug scripts.

We would be happy to answer any NinjaScript related questions if you would like to convert a script yourself.

Or, you can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please email vendorsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Let us know if we may assist further.
                        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi all,

here is NT8 version of the indicator. If someone requires it.

Regards
                          Attached Files

Comment

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...0143-hma-cross
                            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 10-09-2023, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post TraderBCL  
                            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post martin70