Window Snap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Snap

Why is it that when I click on any given NT 8 window to maximize it vertically that nothing happens? This is a very nice feature to have, especially when you're using several monitors. Yes, I can double-click on the top ribbon, and that maximizes the window for the full monitor area as expected, but I often don't want that -- just the vertical max often does fine.

Similar when I jamb the window to the top of the display. It should re-center, but it doesn't.

This is the only Windows app that I know of that doesn't have these feature.
    Last edited by spottysallrite; 04-16-2018, 03:44 PM. Reason: extending comments

Hello spottysallrite,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately windows tiling is not supported with NinjaTrader 8's windows, I will add your vote to the existing feature request being tracked with internal tracking ID SFT-2910 to support this functionality in NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Everybody, please vote yes, ASAP, on this !

Comment

Please add my vote

Comment

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your post.

Your vote has been added to feature request SFT-2910. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any updates on this? Similar, if I want to maximize the window in other apps I use Alt-Space Bar-x. This seems to have no effect here. Why not ? These are standard Windows features. Are they really that hard to implement? Do others really not use them (mousing all the time in stead? -- what a pain!)

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, we have no updates to provide on this request at this time. Please stay tuned to our release notes section of our help guide page when a new version is released to monitor the specific changes in each update.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

mmm, no notice through feature request SFT-2910 ? Also, this functionality is available in NT 7, so this really shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Hello Spottysallrite,

This feature request is still being tracked by the development team for user requests. At this time it has not been implemented in the current release of NinjaTrader 8. You can view the release notes for all features and additions added to each release via the link below:

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
                  Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I looked at the release notes earlier, and didn't see this mentioned. This is a standard feature of MicroSoft products. As such, I'm a little astounded that this hasn't been incorporated in this version from the beginning. What gives ?

Comment

Add my vote. In the meantime I have used Divvy for quite some time with NT in order to do window placement etc more easily than manually resizing etc. For a trading application this is a pretty big missing feature.

Comment

I use this third party tool for window snapping Ninjatrader. It works perfectly and is very quick. you just assign a Keyboard shortcut and it brings up a little grid and lets you draw where you want the window. Great for organizing Ninjatrader charts.

Divvy is a utility for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows to quickly resize and position your windows

Comment

Hello fxRichard,

I have added a vote on your behalf for this feature request.

Thanks for your feedback.
                          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@spottyisallrite & anyone else especially those (considering) using multiple monitors - NVIDIA Quadro and NVS Series graphics cards come with nView Desktop Manager as part of the driver which does Gridlines with Send window to grid, Snap window to grid, Send window to Display, Send Window to Desktop, virtual desktops and a host of other useful stuff for Multimonitor setups. Works flawlessly. nView can be downloaded and installed standalone to the driver so it may work with other NVIDIA cards whose drivers don't include it, if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinenergy View Post
                              I use this third party tool for window snapping Ninjatrader. It works perfectly and is very quick. you just assign a Keyboard shortcut and it brings up a little grid and lets you draw where you want the window. Great for organizing Ninjatrader charts.

Divvy is a utility for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows to quickly resize and position your windows

what is the name of this app?
                              thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses