Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

McClellan Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody,

does somebody know if the McClellan Oscilator is available for NT8 somewhere?

Br,
    Harvard

Comment

Hello,
      The McClellan Oscillator indicator has been converted to NT8. You may download it here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=958
      As noted in the indicator description, it is currently written to be attached to a one minute chart. This may be changed within the NinjaScript editor.
      Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
          Hello,
          The McClellan Oscillator indicator has been converted to NT8. You may download it here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=958
          As noted in the indicator description, it is currently written to be attached to a one minute chart. This may be changed within the NinjaScript editor.

Is this available for NT7? download?

thanks

Comment

here it is for NT7

Comment

Thanks, Josh for the NT7 version of the McCellan indicator.

Comment

FYI, an error is being thrown in NT8.0.15

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
                Hello,
                I'm getting this error in the Log tab... Indicator 'McClellan oscillator': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                The indicator is Not being used anywhere. I only have one workspace open, that only has one chart in it. No other items/components are open. No Datafeed is connected.

Thanks
                zacwhitesi
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

Originally posted by zacwhitesi View Post
                  I'm getting this error in the Log tab... Indicator 'McClellan oscillator': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  The indicator is Not being used anywhere. I only have one workspace open, that only has one chart in it. No other items/components are open. No Datafeed is connected.

Thanks
                  This could be a conflict with the McClellan Oscillator of the same name that is now a system indicator as of 8.0.15.0. Please write in to PlatformSupport(AT)NinjaTrader(DOT)com and a technician will assist you in removing the error.

Comment

Hi Josh,
                    I checked, and that is not the case for me. Here is a screenshot of the extra indicators installed...
                    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks
                    zacwhitesi

Comment

Hello zacwhitesi,

Thank you for your response.

The new pre-installed McClellanOscillator has it's file name as '@McClellanOscialltor.cs'.

You can remove your currently existing McClellanOscialltor to correct the errors. Please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor > open the Indicator folder on the right > right click on your McClellanOscialltor > select Remove.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                        Hello zacwhitesi,
                        The new pre-installed McClellanOscillator has it's file name as '@McClellanOscialltor.cs'.
                        You can remove your currently existing McClellanOscialltor to correct the errors....
                        As my previous post states and screenshot shows, there IS NO pre-installed McClellanOscillator. The only 3rd party indicators installed are open source indicators from Lizard Trader (the ama... indicators).
                        zacwhitesi

Comment

Hello zacwhitesi,

Thank you for your response.

Your screenshot does not show the full list of indicators that start with the '@' symbol. What we are trying to convey is that the indicator is pre-installed with NinjaTrader know with the file name of '@McCleanOscillator'.

Please reach out to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' and a reference to this thread in the body of the email so we may schedule a remote support call with you on this matter.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I seem to have the same issue. I do see the McClellan Oscillator (system based) indicator and I have no other McClellan indicator in my list. There does seem to be an issue with the system based indicator (or it's definition buried in some other file that I don't readily see). When I remove the McClellanOscillator.cs file, I get the 'unhandled exception suggesting that that the indicator is missing' (as expected). When I put it back in, it renders the error:

"Indicator 'McClellan oscillator': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Object reference is not set to an instance of an object."

So I believe I have the right file.. it may have a bug. I'll have to seek an alternate or hope that NT folks can provide an update or solution.

Comment

Hello wildwex,
                              1. Shutdown NinjaTrader
                              2. Download the NinjaTrader 8.0.18.1 installation package from the link below
                              3. http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
                              4. Run the repair from this (if the repair is unsuccessful, uninstall and then re-install NinjaTrader)

Ensure there is data on the chart, then try adding the indicator once more.

If the error still occurs, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com for further assistance.
                              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a question about the McClellan oscillator which come native in NT8.
                                I copy&paste the logic of the indicator:

SubtractADVDECL[0] = Closes[1][0] - Closes[2][0];
                                Value[0] = EMA(subtractADVDECL, FastPeriod)[0] - EMA(subtractADVDECL, SlowPeriod)[0];
                                if (Value[0] < 0) ----> PlotBrushes[0][0] = NegativeColor

As I understand the indicator should plot NegativeColor only for negative values. But it's not the case. (Please find attached the indicator chart).
                                Can you please explain how it works?
                                Thank you very much
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                2 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post BarzTrading  
                                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tkaboris  
                                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post VFI26
                                by VFI26