64 bit platform not connecting to CQG data feed on Google Virtual Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit platform not connecting to CQG data feed on Google Virtual Machine

If you're running the 64-bit version of NT8 on a Google Cloud Virtual Machine (VM) and it won't connect to your CQG Datafeed, read on...

I had this problem and recently solved it, thanks to some help from Ryan pointing me towards investigating the .NET Framework installation on Google's Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter. It was a bit puzzling because the issue only occurred on the 64 bit NT8 platform, not the 32 bit platform.

Initially, following Ryan's suggestion, I tried removing all .NET Frameworks using a .NET cleanup tool, but that was a huge mistake. After removing all .NET Frameworks, I got errors every time I tried to reinstall any version of .NET Framework. Eventually, I had to delete the entire VM and create a new one.

On the freshly created VM, I downloaded and ran Ramondcc .NET Detector on the Google VM. It reported that .NET 3.5 SP 1 had NOT been installed! (See attached Report.)

According to Ryan, .NET 3.5 should be installed, so I installed it, following instructions from this helpful post.

Once the .NET 3.5 SP 1 was installed, the 64bit NT8 platform had no trouble connecting to my CQG data feed.

Hope this helps if you've had a similar problem.

-Conan
    Attached Files

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
2 responses
0 likes