Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom object to Hotkey

Hi
    I would like to have different colored rectangles linked to Hotkeys. How can I do this - would be a handy time saver for me.

Hello lindsayf,

Thank you for your post.

In the Hot Keys options, there is only an option to assign a hot key to draw a rectangle. Unfortunately, there is not an option to assign colors or other drawing object properties to a hot key.

Here is the Working with Hot Keys Help Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by lindsayf View Post
      Hi
      I would like to have different colored rectangles linked to Hotkeys. How can I do this - would be a handy time saver for me.
      You could do say 2 (or more) identical custom Rectangle draw tools...(these would be copies of the Ninja Script for the existing Rectangle tool)....say title them Rectangle 2 & Rectangle 3....then you could assign a different hot key for all 3 Rectangle versions.

The 2 additional versions will appear on the Hot Keys drop down editor list (under the "Chart" heading area)....formatting each version with colors etc.as you may wish.

Last edited by Alfred; 03-11-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Alfred I appreciate your reply.
        A little out of my league I am afraid.
        Its a shame that the Hotkeys only relate to the very standard features - unless you can program, which I cant and don't have the time for.
        I might engage someone to do it for me though.

Comment

Another possibility might be creating a macro with an X-Keys key pad...
          P.I. Engineering designs, manufactures, sells, and supports computer input hardware including X-keys keyboards, controls, and adapters. With hundreds of thousands of our devices in studios, laboratories, offices, and homes world wide, we have established a reputation as a global leader in input solutions.

You can capture mouse clicks with X-Keys....so maybe can create hot keys there to easily go to different Ninja defaults for a rectangle....this may only work on a chart always in the same screen location though...??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70