Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit orders 8 ticks away being filled immediately - Sim account

Hello,
    I'm placing limit orders on the Sim account (connected with paid / lease NT Continuum) about 8 ticks up or down from the currently traded price in the SuperDOM and they are being filled immediately. Same if I place a MIT order 8 or so ticks away from current price.

Is there a setting that controls this? Perhaps I inadvertently check a box in properties or something (can't find anything when I look that would seem to pertain).

Hello stringchopper,

Thanks for your post.

As you mentioned MIT orders, these are not available through NT7, are you using NT8? If so we will move this thread to the NT8 side, please confirm.

If you are placing buy limit or buy MIT (also a limit order) above the current price then it would be expected that these orders would fill immediately as the premise of a limit order is that will fill at that selected price or better and as the current price is below the limit it would be a better price. The same concept is true on the sell side if you should place a limit or MIT order below the current price, the order would fill immediately.

If you are wanting to place limit order above the current market on the buy side then you would need to use a Buy stop limit type order (or sell stop limit on the sell side below current price). On the Superdom these type orders are placed using the center scroll wheel of your mouse as a button. Here is a link to the NT8 helpguide on submitting orders which also covers the mouse scroll wheel stop orders: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s_superdom.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, you explained the issue, thanks. And it was NT 8 as well.

Comment

Ok, now I realize why this was weird for me. When I place a MIT or LMT Buy Order above the price, on my workstation at home, it will sit there and not be filled until the price moves that direction. But when I posted yesterday I was at work on a company laptop--and am in the office now--and the MIT and LMT Buy orders get filled immediately when placed above the price, as you explained.

So what could be making my MIT and LMT orders *not* fill on my workstation?

Comment

Hello stringchopper,

Thanks for your post.

Please post a screenshot of your superdom on the workstation that shows a buy limit order above the current price that is not filled (and/or but MIT). Please make sure to include the entire superdom in the screenshot. Thank-you.

Comment

Okay, I can't repeat this with live stream data or while streaming Playback data. I think what I was doing was placing MIT buy orders above the price while using Playback and having Playback paused. It seems that, while Playback is paused, a LMT buy order above the price will be filled immediately, but an MIT buy order will not be filled until playback resumes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello stringchopper,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

That the MIT order hangs when replay is paused is of no consequence because there is no data feeding the simulation engine when paused. When replay is resumed the order is immediately filled just like as it would be if placed in a live data environment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes