dividends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dividends

Hello. I'm trying to get a dividend adjusted chart but it doesn't seem to be working. Here's what I've done so far:

In the market data section, I've checked "adjust for dividends"

For the relevant instrument, I've manually entered the dividend amounts on the ex-div date.

I enter the ticker on a chart.

However, the price on the chart still appears to drop by the dividend amount on each ex-div day.
    In fact, I just tried unchecking the "adjust for dividends" box and the prices don't appear to be any different than when the "adjust for dividends" box is checked.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument(s) are you referring to when you observe this behavior? Could you give me a specific date at which you see a dividend adjustment which you're trying to change/remove?

Comment

answers to ur questions

Hi. I'm using ninja 8.0.14.2 64-bit.
      I'm connected to Interactive Brokers (primary) and NinjaBroker (secondary) though Ninja doesn't support this instrument.

I'm using HYG. On July 2 2018, it went ex-div for an amount of of 0.381.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Comment

Interactive Brokers does not provide split or dividend adjusted data, so you would need to add the dividend manually then enable 'Adjust for dividends':

Here is an HYG chart on my end before I adjusted for dividends:

Here is the HYG chart after adjusting for dividends:

Here are my dividend settings:

Please clarify - if you configure this identically to me, you do not see a change? Or, the chart doesn't appear as it should?

Could you provide a resource for where I may find dividend information about HYG and any chart external to NinjaTrader you're using for comparison?

Comment

Hi. I see that your chart does appear to adjust for dividend as I would expect. I believe that I have the same settings as you, and yet mine doesn't appear to be adjusting. I have attached screen snips showing what I think is relevant info... is there something obvious I'm missing here?
          Attached Files

Comment

It appears that you have the settings configured correctly. I suspect that this may be a cache issue. Follow these steps:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader
            • Open a Windows File Explorer and navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder
            • Delete the 'cache' folder
            • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

Hallelujah! I did what you said, which didn't appear to work at first, but after reloading the chart, then reloading the chart with "dividend unadjusted", then reloading again with "dividend adjusted" it finally gave me what I needed.
              Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jon17
              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM