Stop orders in DOM not triggering in IB/TWS as specified trigger type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop orders in DOM not triggering in IB/TWS as specified trigger type

Hi. Stop orders that I place through the SuperDOM are being submitted to TWS as "default" trigger type (which for futures is last price traded). In TWS I have mytrigger type for futures set to Double Bid/Ask. I confirmed that stop orders submitted directly into TWS are triggered correctly.

A screenshot of my IB connection setup is attached. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Regards,

William

Attached Files

imported post

William,

All looks fine. For clarification, stops are getting triggered, just at the last trade price, correct?

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
      William,

All looks fine. For clarification, stops are getting triggered, just at the last trade price, correct?

Ray

That's correct, Ray-- at the last price rather than by Double Bid/Ask method, which is my specified stop trigger in TWS.

So is there any way to get it to use my specified trigger method (i.e., Double Bid/Ask)?

Thank you.

Comment

imported post

Just to check, are you placing orders into the Sim101 account or are they your liveIB account?

If the Sim101 account, your IB settings do not have any affect since our internal simulation logic takes precedence. If live IB orders, I would suggest calling IB to find out. When NT submits orders to TWS, there is no setting for how the stop order is triggered. This is controlledby TWS and not influenced by NT.

Ray

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
          Just to check, are you placing orders into the Sim101 account or are they your liveIB account?

If the Sim101 account, your IB settings do not have any affect since our internal simulation logic takes precedence. If live IB orders, I would suggest calling IB to find out. When NT submits orders to TWS, there is no setting for how the stop order is triggered. This is controlledby TWS and not influenced by NT.

Ray

These are live trades. I did contact IB trade supportand they looked at the audit trail and confirmed that the order in question was with the default trigger type (last price) for the product, rather than my specified trigger type. I did a couple of tests and stop orders submitted through NT definitely show up differently onan order ticket than those submitted directly into TWS.

For NT orders throughthe IB API,is the m_triggerMethodattributereferenced by NT? It looks like TWS might always use this field on incoming API orders to determine the trigger type rather than using the TWS-specified trigger. It defaults to code 0, which is the default method for the product (in my case last price for futures). Below is the full blurb from the IB API guide on m_triggerMethod:

Specifies how Simulated Stop, Stop-Limit and Trailing Stop orders are triggered. Valid values are:

O - the default value. The "double bid/ask" method will be used for orders for OTC stocks and US options. All other orders will used the "last" method.

1 - use "double bid/ask" method, where stop orders are triggered based on two consecutive bid or ask prices.

2 - "last" method, where stop orders are triggered based on the last price.

3 - "double-last" method, where stop orders are triggered based on last two prices.
          It would be great tohave this as anoption inNT. Thank you.

Comment

imported post

I will check that out.

Ray

Comment

imported post

It is set to a value of zero on our end so there is no way to override it at this time. Thanks for checking on this, it's been some time since I have dug into the IB API.

Ray

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
                It is set to a value of zero on our end so there is no way to override it at this time. Thanks for checking on this, it's been some time since I have dug into the IB API.

Ray
                Thanks for looking into it so promptly, Ray. Any chance it might make it into NT 6 as an option in the near future?

Regards,

William

Comment

imported post

I will add to our list for future consideration but nothing I can commit to at this time.

Ray

Comment

I know this is an ancient issue, but I just came across the same issue and found this thread whilst investigating. Further searches, and I can't see anything was ever done? I'm running NT8, and just found a problem with my orders, traced to this same issue.

Thanks.

Comment

This has not been implemented, however, it is being tracked as a feature request. The tracking ID is SFT-3406.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Christopher_R  
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      166 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sidlercom80