AutoTrader for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoTrader for Woodies

I've developed an AutoTrader for the CCI_Forecaster and need some additional eyes to beta-test it. William Kilpatrick has been working on one that may trade entirely from code w/o an additional ATM strategy. I would like to thank him for the inspiration and a good chunk of my code. Without him we would not be this far.

I MAKE NO GUARANTEES FOR THE VALIDITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY TRADES, AND ANY TRADES TAKEN BY THIS SYSTEM ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS SYSTEM SETS NO STOPS, ONLY ENTRIES AND 100 LINE CROSS EXITS.

The AT works using your own prebuilt ATM strategies and allows you to:
    trade 2 distinct trade periods (so you can take lunch off ),
    pick which directions to trade,
    pick which patterns to trade,
    whether to trade in "sideways" markets,
    use separate ATM strategies for each end of bar close,
    trade limit (from bar close) or market orders and set acceptable limit slippage, and
    whether to exit on 100 line cross, and whether only to exit on close against trade direction or all the time. The 100 line parameter is customizable so you can set it to any line cross if you like or to a 1000 line cross to kill the exit entirely.

You will be able to set the CCI Forecaster parameters exactly as you would with the CCI_Forecaster so you can customize your trades according to your data research, aka, stats.

I don't want so many that I can't keep up so I really only want 6-12 beta-testers who will SIM trade it regularly and provide both positive and negative feedback.

If you are interested, drop me an email as in my profile. Let me know what you trade so I can get a good cross section.

Thanks,
    Snap

hi would be interested in testing it i trade the ES ONLY

Comment

Teste Autotrade

Hi Snap

I didn't know you had a Autotrade for Forecaster.

I'd like to test it on Russell

Best

Fernando

Comment

Woodies AT Strategy

There seems to be a significant interest in the autotrader, however, I have stopped development primarily because I have found that I doubt I would ever use it. I will post it in the strategies section in the public domain.

Hopefully someone can pick up where I left off.

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
          There seems to be a significant interest in the autotrader, however, I have stopped development primarily because I have found that I doubt I would ever use it. I will post it in the strategies section in the public domain.

Hopefully someone can pick up where I left off.
          Thats sad to hear
          But, TY for sharing and for the great work, now lets see what we can do
          Last edited by makra081; 03-30-2009, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those snaphook.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Closing Trades Manually

If you decide to exit a trade manually from the DOM or chart trader, you need to middle click the Close button, not Left click. If you Left click, your strategy will be closed and you will need to reload it to the chart. A middle click exits your position but leaves the strategy intact.

Comment

snaphook

I just want to say thanks. I’ve been in Woodies room for quite awhile, but it’s only recently that I started using NT. Your Woodies pattern recognition program works great!

It truly is a fine example of “Traders Helping Traders.”

I intend to try out your AutoTrader. As you said, there is a great interest in the AT. Even if only used in Sim mode, it’s a great way to evaluate various trading strategies in real time. I take a lot of stats now and do what-if scenarios in Excel. Then I test a likely strategy in Sim for several months. It’s very time consuming. I also have used the DesertSoft AT. I find the AT method to be superior since it gives the trader a much better “feel” for how a strategy might work in live trading. And it could knock months off selecting a strategy to trade live.

It would be a great benefit to many traders if your AT could continue to be developed, either by you or some other knowledgeable person. I realize that you released the AT free to the public domain and that your intention is truly to help people.

However, I suspect that many traders would be willing to pay a modest one-time fee for a completed AT program of high caliber. But, paying a never-ending monthly fee, as some are charging, is probably not worth it to a lot of people.

Thanks again for all your work,

-marvel

Comment

If I wanted to use this with tick replay for learning, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Comment

claros,

1. collect tick data

2. connect to "market replay" to connect to your recorded ticks

3. use these scripts as you would use them in forward mode.

Last edited by makra081; 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Exactly. Go to Tools | Options and check the Run Market Replay Recorder to begin collecting tick data. When you want to replay a day's data, just connect to Market Replay Connection as if it were a live feed.

Comment

Is there a new user guide for this or something? Not sure what I'm missing, but on my control center, under strategies tab, it shows the WCCI_AT in green, and in start/stop column, I clicked start. Changed the periods to match those of my charts, but so far, it hasn't entered a trade, and few have been marked on the charts.

I am currently trying this with real time sim101 data, to see how it works, but am having trouble getting anything to execute.

Thanks,
                        Last edited by claros; 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

As far as Market Replay goes: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview14.html

For the actual script you guys are using, you will want to communicate with the other users since this is not NT material.
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Think I might have figured out what I'm doing wrong, looked at the user help guide, and can probably get it worked out. Had to disable my chart trader first.

Thanks,
                            Last edited by claros; 04-23-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

claros,

better deploy it to a chart, in the beginning, what way you can re-enter the strategy setup and look for erroneous settings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80