Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Export problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export problem

When I compile my indicator by hand, it compiles with no problems. When I try to export it, I get the popup that says "Error compiling sources. Please check your logs."

I looked around and found the log. It says:

Code:
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Documents and Settings\MountainVoyageur\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\RwbMA2.cs(100,7) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Rwb' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Documents and Settings\MountainVoyageur\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\RwbMA2.cs(1810,139) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IndicatorType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Documents and Settings\MountainVoyageur\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\RwbMA2.cs(1810,302) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SmoothType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Documents and Settings\MountainVoyageur\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\RwbMA2.cs(1810,848) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IndicatorType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Documents and Settings\MountainVoyageur\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\RwbMA2.cs(1810,1011) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SmoothType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1/28/2011 7:00:31 PM|2|4|See Help Guide section 'Export Problems' (http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/ExportProblems.html) for additional instructions
    I do have "Export objects set to "all". I did not get the usual dialog asking me whether I wanted to include the other needed files, but I thought that perhaps that only comes after a successful compile.

As to the errors -- as I said above, none exist in a hand compile. Responding to them specifically, in order:
    • The type or namespace name 'Rwb' could not be found -- it is a namespace in a separate file RwbLibrary
    • The type or namespace name 'IndicatorType' could not be found -- it is an enum in Rwb in a separate file RwbLibrary
    • The type or namespace name 'SmoothType' could not be found -- it is an enum in Rwb in a separate file RwbLibrary

It would seem that the basic problem is that hand compiling finds the namespace Rwb, in the other file, just fine. Exporting fails to find it.

How do I fix that problem? What is the difference between the compile for export and compiling by hand?

--EV

P.S. as a hack to get going, one of the things I tried was taking the namespace out of the several files that use it, but now I have global namespace pollution problems / conflicts. I could obviously fix it with enough work, but let's start by understanding why I can compile fine by hand, but not for export.

I also tried manually adding the indicator with the missing information to the exports, but that did not help.
    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 01-28-2011, 10:56 PM.

EV, I am not 100% on the specifics of why the exporter misses files sometimes, but have you tried exporting with the file it says it is missing in the export list? There are a few nuances to the exporter, like anytime you try to export a script that includes the Bollinger() function, you must include the Bollinger indicator itself.

Please try exporting the script with RwbLibrary included in the export list and let us know if you're still running into issues.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried that and now it says it cannot find EMA. Unfortunately, @EMA is not on the list of things to export.

It seems to have a problem finding anything to do with another file. Is there some fundamental thing that tells it to search, or where to search, has gotten set wrong?

--EV

Comment

The config GUI does not reflect the language it uses

Originally posted by ETFVoyageur View Post
        I tried that and now it says it cannot find EMA. Unfortunately, @EMA is not on the list of things to export.

It seems to have a problem finding anything to do with another file. Is there some fundamental thing that tells it to search, or where to search, has gotten set wrong?

--EV
        The paradox of the export config box is that "All" seems to be equivalent to "Custom Indicators" as far as I can see. Probably a bug, as that makes little sense.

To get to any of the NT shipping indicators, you need to change the "Export objects" selection to "System indicators". Then add the necessary ones.

Comment

Thanks, Mr. K. Finally got an export. Observations:

I tried to export my indicator. In the past I just got a dialog offering to add the necessary missing files. Not today for some reason. It failed to find one file.

I added that file and tried again. Now it failed to find another (system) file (EMA).

I added that one and tried again. Now it failed to find several system files.

I added them and tried again.

(etc -- several more iterations)

Eventually I got a dialog offering to add the last 6 missing files. I said OK and got my export.

Question: @#$@#! what is going on here? Why can't it find the missing files (note they were mostly system ones, not weird ones of mine)? It always has in the past.

Question: If it has to fail, could it please just tell me all the problems at once, and not make me go through a half-dozen iterations?

Question: What's up with the "Export Objects" box when "All" is not anywhere close to all -- it only lists the custom indicators -- no system indicators. I had to keep switching back and forth between All and System as I responded to error messages.

--EV

Comment

That begins to sound like you have a broken installation. It happens sometimes with just about all products dependent on Microsoft thingies. Maybe time to reinstall NT, even if it is just over the top of itself in the first instance?

Comment

Worth a try -- I'll give it a try and let you know. Not just this very instant, though.

--EV

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                That begins to sound like you have a broken installation. It happens sometimes with just about all products dependent on Microsoft thingies. Maybe time to reinstall NT, even if it is just over the top of itself in the first instance?
                No joy. I just removed NT and reinstalled it. Same issue.

As I said, I got the job done. I'm not looking forward to doing it that way all the time, though. If anyone at NT can tell me what to check to see why the export build fails to find the files it needs, while the hand compilation succeeds, I'd appreciate it.

--EV

Comment

ETF, same issue here ,, I have to dink around to get a good export.. The most annoying are the @ system indicators.......

Comment

Further thought:

I am pretty sure I remember that "All" really did display all of the files back when exporting worked right for me.

If I am correct, then perhaps the way to get a handle on this "unanticipated feature" is to understand what could keep the All list from getting populated correctly. Perhaps it, too, cannot find all of the files -- that sounds a lot like the compile problem. Perhaps fixing it so that "All" gets populated fully will also fix the export / compile not finding things problem.

--EV

Comment

A problem with the .NET installation? I see that you have already gone the sledgehammer route of removing NT and reinstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                        A problem with the .NET installation? I see that you have already gone the sledgehammer route of removing NT and reinstalling.
                        Yes, and I've also rebooted my computer.

Could be .NET, but I'd be surprised. Do you have a good reason to think so, or are you grasping at straws?

It was not happening a few days ago.

I'm not the only one with the problem -- you have had it (do you still?) and gg80108 chimed in and said he has the problem.

The hand compile works fine -- I'd expect the NT build/export environment to be more sensitive to the difference between a hand build and an export build than I would .NET.

Sounds more as if it is possible that some source construct is upsetting the export build.

--EV

Comment

I will have someone get back to you tomorrow.
                          AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please see here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t_problems.htm

Unfortunately under some PC environments it is an issue which is why we provide the option to manually include system indicators now.
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is whats unusual to me , it can find all of these indicators in the picture below,, why can't it find the @WilliamsR, and I have to manual add to the compile????

1/31/2011 10:32:46 AM|2|4|Error compiling export sources: c:\Users\Gold\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\DiffIndexBot.cs(72,18) : error CS0103: The name 'WilliamsR' does not exist in the current context
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bmartz
                              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              4 responses