Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Incorporate multitimeframe in the strategy wizard in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorporate multitimeframe in the strategy wizard in NT8

Hello there,

Can you please guide me how to incorporate multitimeframe in the strategy wizard in NT8?

Ciprian

Hello CiprianV,

Thanks for your post.

We've moved your post from NT7 forums to NT8 as it is more appropriate here.

Unlike NT7, NT8 strategy builder can create multi-time frame/series type strategies within the strategy builder itself.

To add a data series, with a different time frame, please see the section, "Understanding the Additional data screen" here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...er_screens.htm You would click the checkbox to "use the primary instrument" then specify the time frame to add. (there is no need to add the chart bars so if applying to a 5-minute bar chart and you wanted a 15 minute added series you would only specify the 15 minute as the added time frame).

Once the data series is added you can access in the conditions screens where needed by selecting the correct data series (it defaults to the chart bars).

I've created a short video that demonstrates a multi-time frame condition on the chart and then replicates and proves the condition in the strategy builder: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...QzMF83NDQ3NDEz
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 03-26-2018, 11:03 AM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot!

I’ve omited to take a look on that, even if I’ve worked a lot with the strategy builder.

Thanks again for the promt reply Paul!
      Ciprian

Comment

Hi,
        Similar question, but I would like to use the value of the additional data series in my stoploss... it doesn't seem like you can access these additional fields anywhere except the conditions part of the strategy builder... is that correct?
        Cheers,
        Bruce

Comment

Hello brucev,

Thanks for your post.

Correct regarding the Set methods of SetProfitTarget, SetStopLoss and SetTrailstop, these can only be set initially and to a fixed value when the strategy is started. This is true for single or multi-time frame.

You can access the other data series in the "Do the following" or actions part of the conditions builder as well as the conditions section. For example, you can access the other data series through an order type like "Exit Long position by a limit order".
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
          0 responses