Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello oldporkchops,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to ivatan1962's indicator at the following link? - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...&postcount=296

If so, I can put forward a request for a conversion as I am not aware of a NinjaTrader 8 version of this indicator.

Comment

Yes

Yes. An NT 8 version of the market profile/ volume profile indicator would be most helpful.

Also, could you please let me know when the volume profile tool for lifetime license holders would be available? Brett Barrett spoke of it in a Futures.IO presentation earlier this year.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello oldporkchops,

Thank you for your post.

Are you referring to ivatan1962's indicator at the following link? - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...&postcount=296

If so, I can put forward a request for a conversion as I am not aware of a NinjaTrader 8 version of this indicator.

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

Thank you for your response.

You can find details on the Order Flow + tools (which includes Volume Profile) at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/Order-Flow

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

You can find the conversion of the IGMarketProfile at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...php?linkid=976

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
            Hello oldporkchops,

You can find details on the Order Flow + tools (which includes Volume Profile) at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/Order-Flow

Thanks, Patrick. Please send feedback to the development team to include the ability to extend lines for the static VAL, VAH, POC and be able to toggle the VAH, VAL, POC into real time dynamic lines. That would enhance Ninja's Volume Profile suite a lot. Not to mention the ability to print a TPO chart.

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

Your request on the additional items for VAL, VAH, POC, and TPO have been assigned the internal tracking id of SFT-3297.

Comment

Thank you very much, Patrick for helping with my request. I truly appreciate what the NT development team is doing to help retail traders succeed. Since it has been assigned an internal tracking ID, does it mean that all we can do is sit tight and wait?

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

At this time there is nothing more that can be done but wait for the feature of Volume Profile to be added and see if the requested features are added. If you wish to ask for a follow up on this please reference the SFT ID in your request.

Comment

What happened to the Letters use in this Volume Profile, is it there still ?

Comment

Hello rene69851,

The Price Profile shows the letters. See Profile Types in the help guide.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

27Nov2021

Hi

I am translating the NT7 version into the NT8 version, and hitting some blocks.

Putting it in here to see if anyone can assist.

Attached text files:

1) TestMarketProfitle2_7_NT7_original.txt = the original, taken from somewhere above (Thank you so much!)

2) TestMarketProfile2_8_NT7_NT8modV01.txt = work in progress version 01

I got stuck in 2 major area:

#1) NT7 GetBar() ... what is the NT8 equivalent? Can anyone help?

#2) NT7 "Set" ... I have no clue how to solve. Can anyone help?

The third area is on DrawText:

#3) NT7 DrawText --> NT8 Draw.Text .... except signatures will take some time to unscramble ... if anyone can help, that is good.

The compilation errors are around these three areas for now .. hopefully if they are cleared (esp #1 and #2), the way becomes faster.

Best Regards

Apollo11

Attached Files

Comment

... uploading more photos ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Apollo11,

Thanks for your post.

When converting a script from NinjaTrader7 to NinjaTrader8 we highly recommend reviewing the code breaking changes here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_changes.htm

To directly answer your questions:

GetBar(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tml?getbar.htm

Regarding .Set you now assign directly like POC[0] = nPOC;

For Draw.Text(), please see the method overloads in the Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?draw_text.htm For the Drawing methods you will find that the first thing is to add "this" and then most everything is the same.

I understand you are in a hurry to convert but you would do yourself a favor by reviewing these materials and ultimately end up with what you want sooner.
                            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 11-26-2021, 01:18 PM.
                            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo11 View Post
                              27Nov2021

Hi

I am translating the NT7 version into the NT8 version, and hitting some blocks.
                              Any progress on your NT7 > NT8 converstion? Thank you

Comment

Does anyone know why this igmarketprofile indicator is configured to work from 8:15 a.m.? I do not see sense

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post marcus2300