Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charttrader toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charttrader toolkit

Hello, i sense i know the answer to this but wanted to check and verify in any case.

Regarding the Chart trader functionality and the order lines that appear for orders pending and stops and take profit. At this time is there any components of this that can be used by developers in addons or other extensions whereby some elements like the lines and orders appearing can be used/resused in a tool that works with orders eg in an addon?

Or is this strictly currently under the hood and control of chart trader and the managed/unmanaged order codebase within ninja 8?

update ... i just noted Chelsea has somewhat answered this in last day or so to another query but wasnt specifically the same. Is there plans for this OR would it need to be kept separate from the chart trader component.

I can handle the line drawing myself etc but wondered if elements are or would be available. If not then please submit as a feature request which i guess would be vote 1 on this. Given ninja has opened up other elements it would appear the chart trading component wasnt designed with this intention as a toolkit framework where a separate instance would be under an addons control and not chart traders?

thoughts?

thanks
    Last edited by soulfx; 10-19-2017, 09:16 AM.

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your question.

Chart Trader's functionality is under the hood and there is not any documented material I could share that shows how to interface with it. I also do not know of any plans to expose parts of Chart Trader.

As for submitting a feature request, I think I would need more detail on what you are trying to accomplish. From an AddOn or a strategy, you can place orders and any limit and stop orders will have trade markers placed on the chart with Chart Trader enabled. Setting Chart Trader to Hidden will allow you to manipulate these orders without having Chart Trader visible.

Could you provide me some further detail on what you are trying to accomplish?
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for reply.

I realise the text markers/text would appear for orders placed from an addon as i am doing currently.
      What i was referring to was what you mentioned - the actual limits and stops submitted by the addon ... with chart trader enabled and visible/hidden i see the lines - i didnt have chart trader running when i was testing something so now it is apparent.

This is kind of what i was meaning as i am not using chart trader or ATMS but my own logic flow i wasnt seeing these .. and in moving them around the orders tab of control centre shows them updating as if i was in chart trader.

can this be disabled from the code ie if chart trader is ON .. can i switch off the lines drawing OR can i make them such that they are NOT selectable ie they appear but i have option if i want to move them or not .. as moving them will change what i see in my logic.

Which brings me to my question ... there is no event callback that i can subscribe to when these lines change?

It would be great if they appear AND from the addon i can control IF they are selectable and moveable or will be locked ?

look forward to reply

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

There isn't any documented callback for when an order marker changes. I'm not aware of anything undocumented either.

It would be possible to do this through custom rendering where you can draw your own order markers and control the orders themselves with captured mouse clicks on the ChartPanel. This however would not stop Chart Trader from being able to modify these orders through its own order markers.

I would be happy to submit a feature request for you. I believe it would be best to leave the feature request as a general request to be able to manually control how order markers as seen in Chart Trader display and interact so we can have different behavior for manual submissions, NinjaScript strategies, and for individual AddOns.

Please let me know if this request aligns with what you would like to accomplish and I will submit it forward.

Comment

Hello,

your comment - "general request to be able to manually control how order markers as seen in Chart Trader display and interact so we can have different behavior for manual submissions, NinjaScript strategies, and for individual AddOns. "

seems apt in that order submissions for example from an Addon - the ...

1. ability to set the lines to locked be ie cannot be moved by user / unless unlocked via the Addon code via method to the chart trader.
          2. ability to set the account for this tabs chart trader
          3. regarding 2 - is there some approx timesline for charttrader to be able to work separately with each tab ; as currently users forced to use the same account and ATM Strategy - the only item that switches on a tab change currently is the instrument. If chart trader is enabled and i submit orders via
          my addon and use my own lines - then currently there isnt a way to keep them in synch other than track price changes in my own code which i am looking at. I am considering the UX element of this - which is fine if chart trader is disabled - but when enabled i am limited to the same account across all tabs - switching tabs will update the instrument and show lines if a position is live/pending for that instrument and account
          4. A callback for the charttrader lines via a subscription .. as they change i can keep track of.

Yes i already am drawing lines myself as i noted in my original post and can look to handling those as i develop my idea.

Can you confirm there is NO current way to lock the chart trader lines at all; as in not permit user interaction to move them - as this would temporarily serve my situation. I just need to confirm this in order to plan.

If you can give some eta on the chart trader working across tabs / different accounts etc as i recall Ray mentioned way back that this was not addressed in the initial release

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for the additional detail. I'll make sure that detail is included with the request and I'll update this post when a ticket ID becomes available.

Ticket ID: SFT-2767

Chart Trader will need to differentiate orders submitted manually from those submitted from NinjaScript before we could reliably lock out order markers and still allow normal control for manual order submissions. As such, an option in Chart Trader currently does not exist and we do not have any order methods that can tell Chart Trader to treat orders differently.

A floating Chart Trader has been discussed. I could not comment on an ETA or release schedule, however.

Thanks for your input to improve NinjaTrader!
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 10-24-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Hello, at this stage it wasnt clear whether a floating chart trader OR chart trader having a separate view on each tab was being considered - i presume both ideas/approaches would support a separate view on each selected chart tab.

As for ETA it is known and clear ninja dont give dates so i wasnt expecting that - but given it is sometime since this was raised in beta - is this a priority item or low priority .. sitll in design stage ? that is the kind of level of feedback on this i was more looking for.

whilst ninja dont want to give eta's it is also very difficult for ninja clients to know or guage if some feature request will ever be implemented - i personally have lost track of the number of items and requests i have submitted and there is no way to really keep track of these over time.

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

I stand corrected on the floating Chart Trader request. This particular item surrounds having a Chart Trader that is not bound to the window borders so it takes up less space and has less to do with being "Tab Aware."

There is a feature request surrounding having Chart Trader become "Tab Aware" where some of these concerns that you had mentioned are discussed. I'll submit a vote for this request on your behalf. As for status, I only know that the entire task would involve heavy refactoring to be made possible. I do not have any detail regarding how far along a current implementation is in development, so I couldn't provide any additional information.

We don't give ETA's for feature requests or new release schedules as there can be newly discovered issues that may postpone the release.

The Chart Trader "Tab Aware" feature request is SFT-1620.

I know you are aware of this process, but for the forum's reference and any new users browsing, I will reiterate. Upon implementation, feature request ticket ID's can be found in the Release Notes of the help guide found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

I'll update my other post with the Order Marker feature request ticket ID when it becomes available.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes