Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot of Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot of Characters

Is there a way to plot an array of characters on a chart? Why would this be useful?
    Well if you have a chart with a lot of different symbols, it would be easier to able to distinguish them from each other.

A perfect example would be a Previous Day High, Low, Open, Close indicator. Instead of having triangles pointing in different directions, you could just plot "H" for High , "L" for low etc...

If would give traders a lot more options, especially if you were able to plot ASCII characters.

Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for the post.

With the default plots, I dont believe there is a way to do this out of the box. You can, however, use OnRender to draw whatever you would like including text efficiently much like a Plot.

For this, you would likely need to use two concepts, the first is drawing text from OnRender which you can see examples of in the SampleCustomRender indicator that comes with the platform. The second would be looping over the visible range of the chart, you can see a small example of this in the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=toindex

This could be used to iterate over a set of visible bars and then draw the values on the chart. The values could be from an indicator such as PriorDayOHLC indicator and its plots. A Plot has the GetValueAt method which could be used in OnRender to retrieve values.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello cutzpr,

Thank you for the post.

With the default plots, I dont believe there is a way to do this out of the box. You can, however, use OnRender to draw whatever you would like including text efficiently much like a Plot.

For this, you would likely need to use two concepts, the first is drawing text from OnRender which you can see examples of in the SampleCustomRender indicator that comes with the platform. The second would be looping over the visible range of the chart, you can see a small example of this in the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=toindex

This could be used to iterate over a set of visible bars and then draw the values on the chart. The values could be from an indicator such as PriorDayOHLC indicator and its plots. A Plot has the GetValueAt method which could be used in OnRender to retrieve values.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Thank you, I will take a look into this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888