Cannot keep 2 workspaces open at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot keep 2 workspaces open at same time

Made some changes to some charts in 2 workspaces. Now I cannot keep both open.

I was able to toggle using ctrl and f3 but now when I open one the other disappears.

Any suggestions?

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Please clarify - both workspaces appear and work as expected if you only have one open at a time, but they do not work if both are open simultaneously? If I have misunderstood what you're reporting, could you please elaborate further?

How many workspaces are open? You can observe this by going to the Control Center > File > Workspaces. Names listed below "Save Workspace As..." are open. The name with a checkmark to the left is the workspace currently in view. Here is a screenshot example:

What do you see in the Control Center's title bar when using the SHIFT+F3 hotkey? If you have multiple workspaces open, you should see that the name of the workspace displayed changes. Observe the very top left of your Control Center as you use the hotkey. Here is a video demonstration:

When attempting to toggle using SHIFT+F3, what occurs? Does nothing happen? Or do you notice that workspace "A"s windows go away and then nothing but the Control Center appears with workspace "B"s name in the Control Center's title bar?

Comment

I am using Ninja 7.0.1000.38

As of yesterday I was able to open a workspace called "ES PAT" and at then open another workspace called "YM TF". Only oen would populate the screen at a time. If I wanted to view the other workspace I would raise the taskbar, hover my mouse over the Ninja Icon, That would show the 3 windows open - the main Ninja screen and the two aforementioned workspaces. I would then select the workstation I wanted. This way I could toggle between the two using the icons on the taskbar.

Now in order to view the other workspace I have to go the main screen, hit file then workspaces and open the other screen. I have to use this method everytime I want to toggle between the 2 workspaces.

I do not understand or cannot find a workaround for the way the system worked yesterday as described in paragraph 1.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello ricka_2000

Thank you for your note.

I would like to offer a remote session with you in order to better understand what you're experiencing. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please reference this ticket number 1919678 in the subject line and provide the information requested below in the body of the email.

A phone number where you can be reached
        A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.
        Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

Via NinjaTrader Control Center > Help > Remote Support

If you cannot start or have not downloaded NinjaTrader, please download the support application here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/NTSupport.exe

I look forward to our support call.
        Steven R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
        1 response