Formatting options of price column in SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting options of price column in SuperDOM

Can your development team create the option to highlight major price increments within the SuperDOM price column by changing the color and/or font?

Using the ES contract for example, give the user the ability to change the color and/or font of prices every 2.50, 5.00, or 10.00 points. The scaling option for highlight should be user defined.

This would be much more helpful than simply changing the tick scale within Instrument Properties.

Many thanks!

Hello fulcrum13,

Thank you for your post and feedback, I will forward your note as a feature request to development.

Thank you for your use of NinjaTrader, let us know if we may assist in the future.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ninjas
      I'm also having difficulty implementing custom solutions (columns) for susperdom.
      Many people have been looking for me to add new columns, but it really is difficult to understand the methods used.
      I would like you to post an example using the "New SuperDOM Colunm" wizard.
      The examples we have use "OnBarsUpdate", "lock (barsSync)" and "lock (SuperDom.Rows)" and the wizard environment provides "OnMarketData", "OnMarketDepthUpdate", "OnOrderUpdate", "OnPositionUpdate", "OnRender" And "OnRestoreValues".
      It would be interesting to post a code that shows how to add values in the lines (only that) and another one plotting these values in bars like Volume but with the resources provided by the wizard.
      In my case I use a lot lists and I wanted to identify the line of superdom and consequently put (show) my values stored in that row.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

You could review some of the included superdom columns to see how to create columns in general. I will put in a feature request for a more detailed guide on creating SuperDomColumns.

Regarding the wizard, this is similar to the indicator wizard in the sense that it only creates an empty script with the right structure. It is not like the Strategy Builder which you can create detailed logic with. All of the "Wizards" in the platform do not create logic, the Builder for strategies is the only one that can.

As far as plotting goes, the Columns use OnRender specifically which can render to the Right of the dom. The Plotting from the Indicator column where you see the plots as Lines could not be replicated in a custom MA column currently. I will put in a feature request to expose an easy way to plot lines rather than Rendering a column to the right of the dom.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post martin70  
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes