EquiVolume Chart Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EquiVolume Chart Style

We've received a few requests to add an "EquiVolume Bars" Chart Style for NinjaTrader 8, and it seems to be a fairly popular chart style for futures traders and others who rely on volume signals along with basic price action on their charts.

To that end, I've created an EquiVolume Chart Style for NinjaTrader 8 to share with the community. I'll be uploading this to the Version 7 Indicators sharing forum temporarily until we have a proper home for it in a NinjaTrader 8 file sharing forum.

Overview
    • Identifies the highest single-bar volume displayed on the chart canvas (the visible bars on the chart at a given time)
    • Separates bars into three distinct widths: a Small width for volume less than 1/3rd of the highest volume, a Large width for volume greater than 3/4ths of the highest volume, and a Medium width for everything in between

Properties
    • Features three user-defined properties: "High Volume Modifier," "Medium Volume Modifier," and "Low Volume Modifier," which will set the modification for each volume category, based on the "Base Width" property.
    • Re-draws widths immediately when the visible range of the chart is changed.

Enjoy, and of course, feel free to edit this to suit your individual preferences or trading style.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 06-08-2017, 12:10 PM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Can you upload a Ninja 7 version too?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello,

I used a previously developed version of the chart style which was made for NinjaTrader 7 as a starting point for this chart style. The core logic is a bit different, but the NinjaTrader 7 version works well, from what I can see. You can find the script linked in the post below:

Comment

Error compiling for CandleVolume.cs

I've received an error message during the compiling. Can you check it?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

So I downloaded the .cs file and put it in the indicators folder. It compiled fine, but how do I enable it? It;s not listed under Indicators.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stok View Post
            Hi,

So I downloaded the .cs file and put it in the indicators folder. It compiled fine, but how do I enable it? It;s not listed under Indicators.

Thanks
            EquiVolume is a Chart Style. You can put it in your ChartStyle folder instead, and then select it the same way you would select "Candlestick," "OHLC," "Line on Close," etc.

Comment

Thanks so much for the chart Dave!!

Comment

Now how do I get this chart style into NT8??

Comment

Hello everyone,

This file has been updated as it was triggering errors with the introduction of the Volumetric Chart Style in R12

I have updated the EquiVolume chart style so that you are now able to modify the candle body outline and the candle wick.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanS; 02-22-2018, 11:35 AM.
                  Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello everyone,

As we get some messages requesting information about importing and using this ChartStyle, I would like to share that this ChartStyle and additional modifications to this ChartStyle can be found on our User App Share. The User App Share will include download links to importable zip files.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
                    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                    2 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post BarzTrading  
                    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                    3 responses