Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TASC Trategies and Indicators

Dear Support,

Thank you for converting the old and writing new strategies and indicators based on articles published in TASC. However, please note that no information is provided to explain either in the form of comments or an introductory explanation of the indicator or strategy, thus making it unusable for members that are not subscribers to TASC.

Personally, I have subscribed to TASC for over 30 years and have the background information (and all the back issues) to understand the logic for which these indicators and systems are based on. I understand there is a copyright issue to reprint the articles verbatim. However, those other software vendors contributing to TASC Trader's Tips include enough information that makes it easy for the user to figure out what the code is trying to accomplish. Unfortunately Ninja has only sufficed to just publish a download link and a sample figure in TASC without any explanation. Even some vendors provide separate indicators for such strategies and in many cases additional improvements as added value (i.e. Wealth Lab, TradeStation, etc.)

An example is the latest July 2017 TASC strategy authored by NinjaTrader_Jim (Thank you Jim). Once the code is opened in editor there is not a single comment explaining the logic of the system or a definition for many parameters in the code. This will be fine if we assume that all members have a copy of the article to at least understand what the strategy is all about. This lack of comments or explanations provide no added value as far as its usefulness to majority of your membership.

There are no copyright issues regarding an abstract of the Strategy/Indicator and explaining the parameters involved.

Many thanks, and please keep them coming.

Cheers!
    Last edited by aligator; 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM. Reason: worng title

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will look into providing more detail on the TASC article downloads. Although we would not be providing the proprietary information from the articles.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will look into providing more detail on the TASC article downloads. Although we would not be providing the proprietary information from the articles.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Thank you Patrick,

The codes and information provided in TASC are public not proprietary, but as I mentioned the articles themselves are copyrighted and can not be reprinted verbatim without the consent of the publisher. However, an abstract of the system/indicator and commenting the NT scripts is all that is needed.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
      0 responses
      1 view