Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts freeze / price stops updating on NT7

Hi,

My charts keep freezing after a short while of being connected to live data. By freezing I mean that the price stops ticking and candles stop printing on the chart, and the chart only updates when I activate the chart window by clicking on the chart. Restarting NT usually helps, but having to restart the client every 15-30 min or so gets frustrating. I'm using NT 7.0.1000.35 on Windows 10 and my connection is CQG/AMP.

Might this have something to do with my router's firewall settings? Do I need to allow specific ports/IP ranges for the connection to work properly? Or could it be a software issue?

I'll need more information to assist you accurately. Please answer the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-17
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I'll need more information to assist you accurately. Please answer the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
      • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-17
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      Hi Patrick, thanks for the quick reply. As stated in the original post I'm using NT 7.0.1000.35 and the instrument I'm charting is ES 12-17. I'm not receiving any error messages on screen or on the log tab but sometimes the connection drops and immediately picks up again (connection status in the control center switches to "connection lost" and the right back to "connected").

Comment

I suspect two things:

Your instruments require a reset.

Please follow the steps below to reset your instruments:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

You are not enabled for real-time data for the instruments you're attempting to view.

Please confirm your real-time data subscriptions with your broker. Once you are enabled for real-time data, please be sure to restart NinjaTrader.

If neither of these resolve the issue, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread and 'ATTN Patrick G' in your message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Javierw.ok  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid