Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace not saving Multi-Tab chart

Hello Support,

A new issue has arisen where if I close my workspace after saving it, one of my chart windows with multiple tabs is not saving all tabs anymore?

When I open my workspace again, my one chart only has 2 tabs instead of the 8 tabs it originally had when I saved the workspace?

This appears to be an intermittent issue but is starting to happen more regularly?

Appreciate your help

Hello TraderYoda,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist, when this occurs, do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello EricB

Thanks for the reply.

There are no errors generated in the event log and log and trace files when this happens.
      I'm using NT 8.0.9.0

Regards

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Can you please send me your workspace so I can test it on my end. You can find workspaces at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces. Please attach the .xml file in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Workspace not saving Multi-Tab chart' in the subject field.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

The issue just happened now again. I've emailed you the workspace explaining the details

Comment

Alright, glad it's not just me. I'm also getting this issue, on latest version of NT8.

I have two installations of NT8 (both win 10 x64), and the issue appears on both.

I have a chart window open, with lots of tabs (say 40). When I save my workspace, it intermittently saves varying numbers of the actual tabs I had open. Sometimes it saves the first tab only, sometimes the last, usually several in between, and very rarely the whole 40.

Interestingly, I can have an explorer window to the workspaces folder open and watch what is happening. I'm looking at the file size of the specific workplacexyz.xml file. Every time I save it, the relevant file has a different size, and these vary wildly.

On the very rare occasion that it actually saves all 40 something of my tabs, the workspace.xml file is is about 1.7MB (attached). Most of the time though, it saves it as a file somewhere between about 50k and 500k (also attached). It changes every time, and all I'm doing is repeatedly saving the same workspace, no other changes. When I open the workspace, it usually has several of the relevant tabs, rarely all of them, and sometimes only one. Note that all other windows are fine (well the main ninjatrader window never remembers its position or size, but I can live with that), it's only the chart window with multiple tabs that has the issue.

Very frustrating when I've spent so much time setting them all up. I've actually gotten in to the habit of keeping a copy of the one good workspace file I have, and copying that back over in to the folder whenever I restart NT. As such, it's clearly a problem in the saving side, not the loading side.

I've played around with whether it depends on which tab is currently selected or not when I save, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Usually it will just save the first several tabs at best, and forget about the rest.
            Last edited by beastment; 05-27-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Hello beastment,

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may further assist. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aa731
              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              3 responses