NT8 unable to login to TDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 unable to login to TDA

is anyone having problem logging into TDA. I am unable to connect to TDA.

We have received some reports of inability to connect to TD Ameritrade this morning. We are unable to connect to TD Ameritrade with our test account.

The Development Team is aware of this and is currently working to discover the root of the issue. I will update this thread when I have more information.

I recommend that others experiencing this behavior write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can have more information about this issue. Please include a brief description of what you're experiencing and a link to this forum thread.

Comment

We were able to work with TD Ameritrade to resolve the issue.

Please restart NinjaTrader and attempt to connect.

Comment

Unable to connect to TDA Today 09/10/2017

Once you found out what was the problem, would you please post it back here? I believe this is a TDA related problem and it is absolutely unacceptable that they have these type of issues leaving the world unable to trade their account with them. Thank you

Comment

I can only comment from NinjaTrader's perspective. Nothing was changed on our end regarding TD Ameritrade connections.

Please reach out to TD Ameritrade for further information on the root cause of the inability to connect in NinjaTrader today.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, The problem fixed itself (I guess TDA fixed the problem at their end) at around 11am Today.
            I know this was not an NT issue, but let me take this opportunity to remind you the connection with TDA has never been very stable and regardless of Today's issue, you do get the same problem on a daily basis but you can still connect after several attempts, which has not happened earlier Today. Furthermore, the problem of not knowing the status of some orders sent to TDA is still happening. I have found workarounds these but it is worth mentioning that they are still there.
            Kind regards

Comment

The issue you're referring to would be unrelated to today's connectivity issue.

The TDA API has limitations which are outside of NinjaTrader's control, however, we continue to work with TDA to try to improve this.

If you've previously written in to us via email, please respond to that email if you have new information. Unfortunately no changes have been made so the same limitations still exist.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

I agree with you. I know the issue I mentioned is unrelated to Today's problem, that is why I said "let me take this opportunity to remind you", since I do not write very often on the forum I wanted to mention the other problems which still concern me. I hope one day it works like a charm and I sincerely appreciate your work and help.

Kind regards

Comment

thanks PatrickG, I'm able to connect now.

Comment

Bumped everyone I see.

SPY Chart stopped streaming.
                    ^VIX chart continued.

Spy replay recording still a disaster. 8.0.8.0 didn't do anything to record it. 8.0.9 started to record it but gave up.

^Vix recording looks ok.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was able to record SPY data and replay that data without issue today. Please clarify - does this issue coincide with a disconnect?

I think we've spoken about this issue before. If it is the same issue we've discussed in other threads or via email, please respond their so that we may keep our progress and troubleshooting in one location.

Comment

Dear Patrick, connection issues with TDA persists. This morning I was not able to connect at all, and sometimes it takes at least ten restarts/tries to make a successful connection with TDA. This is a real killer. Is there any specific person/number you speak to at TDA so that we can build a task force and get to the bottom of this? Thank you

Comment

What you're experiencing today seems unrelated to this forum post. This forum post dealt with an issue that affected all TD Ameritrade users and was resolved by TD Ameritrade that day. I am able to successfully connect to TD Ameritrade, so this is likely not the same issue.

Please send us your log and trace files so that we may look into what you're experiencing today.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensure that 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files.

Please include a brief summary of what you're experiencing in the body of your message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite